does this seem like a scam?

stephen12091985

Jan 1, 2009
(321)titusville,florida
i put my ps3 on craigslist.i have one prior email from this person but this one seems kinda like a scam.this is email from the person

Thanks for your swift response....I want you to take the item off craigslist
now, I am really interested in buying this item..I am buying it for my son
who is in APTECH INSTITUTION overseas.That's why I am willing to place an
offer of $325 for this item and I will add $150 to cover the posting through
EMS/USPS registered mail. Can you take paypal payment?....You can get back
to me with your paypal email account if you like.Here is my relay phone # is
(210) 209-8524..I don't know what wrong with my iphone so i took it to
iphone store for repair.I will be expecting your mail.
Thanks

its a scam....one time i put my blaster on craigslist and almost got taken for to make a long story short i got a check from what was supose to be NSU northern state university...found a phone number for the university called them and they said the check was not legit....it looked real and the whole 9 yards...i tore the check up and emailed him back and he insisted i cash the check and his movers would pick it up....told him i was reporting him to the fbi and never heard another word...when you post an add on craigslist put cash only in person..that will take care of it.....peace

yeah, it's a scam....

I tried to sell my laptop a while ago, and got almost the exact same response...
but here son was a foreign exchange student in africa...

Scam scam scam.Tell him to send payment and then you will send him a sp3.lol I play games with these fools all the time.90% of craigslist is all scams.Put in your add local sale only and all others will not be responded to.

he didn't mintion his "mover" thats strange.....haha Scam been there done that.
I once told them to send me a check and then i would mail my laptop to them,i got a check alright but i took it to the bank and had them check it out....turns out it was a fraudulent check.

ya i was thinking about that too if you use paypal i would think it might me legit but who knows....i wouldnt trust em

mmmmaaaadddd scam...he is like i will pay for this "item" wtf its clearly a generic email he sends to everyone

we sold some cabinets on cl but there was a guy who tryed to scam us with almost the exact same responce....... i forget the name but i did a back ground check and he was a known scammer!! haha lol glad i found that out!

Ya he says he will used pay pal to lure you in and make it seem legit.. then something will happen and his paypal wont work or his PC then he will want to do an alternative payment.. PS3 is a hot item you could probably sell it anywhere.. Its kinda funny he dont want to check it out and make sure its cool before shipping overseas..
Yell him ya its cool and send him a box with a brick in it... If it turns out he's legit then send the real deal after your paid..hahahaha