Does not protain to a blaster but i need some help.

Cmh156

Feb 18, 2009
Austintown,OHIO.
I have a 2004 Kx85 and its low on transmission oil. I heard you can use dexcon type automatic transmission fluid you use in a truck in the gear case for a dirtbike? Anyone verify this i need to go ride.

no you cant..
dexcon 3 and all other red tranny oils have additives to help reduce friction.
if you use it in your dirt bike the clutch will slip because it has a wet clutch which means its soaked in oil.
you can use car 10W30 SE type oil.
don't give people sh*tty advices that will do more bad then good.

no you cant..
dexcon 3 and all other red tranny oils have additives to help reduce friction.
if you use it in your dirt bike the clutch will slip because it has a wet clutch which means its soaked in oil.
you can use car 10W30 SE type oil.
don't give people sh*tty advices that will do more bad then good.

So any 10W30 SE oil will work fine? Thank you for helping me out,prevented me from having to drive almost an hour there and back to pay a rediculous price for oil.

i dont know what oil's you have there becuase i dont live in the US,i think the KX85 has 850ML of transmisson oil if i was you i would just replace the oil becuase its better not to mix 2 diffrent oils that are not from the same company.

You can buy motorcycle oil for four strokes and use it in the gearbox of your 2 stroke. These types of oil do not have the friction modifiers most of the automotive oils have, which will cause your clutch to slip.

You can buy motorcycle oil for four strokes and use it in the gearbox of your 2 stroke. These types of oil do not have the friction modifiers most of the automotive oils have, which will cause your clutch to slip.

once more you can buy SE type automotive oil.

SAE is society of automotive engineers,SAE established a numerical code system for grading motor oils according to their kinematic viscosity.
like 10W-30 the W means winter,the viscosity is 10 when its cold and 30 when it worms up.
what does SE mean?
The American Petroleum Institute - Service Classification System, is used to classify the oil for a product in a manufacturing year and indicates the oils performance in the areas of oxidization, sludging, foaming, temperature range etc. Classification S is for gasoline engines, C is for diesel. As the years roll on and oil quality and specification improves, so the second letter of the classification changes alphabetically. SE is a now obsolete, the latest itieration is SM. SE through to SM oils can be used in an SE classified engine, SE through to SL oils cannot be used in a SM classified engine.

SAE is society of automotive engineers,SAE established a numerical code system for grading motor oils according to their kinematic viscosity.
like 10W-30 the W means winter,the viscosity is 10 when its cold and 30 when it worms up.
what does SE mean?
The American Petroleum Institute - Service Classification System, is used to classify the oil for a product in a manufacturing year and indicates the oils performance in the areas of oxidization, sludging, foaming, temperature range etc. Classification S is for gasoline engines, C is for diesel. As the years roll on and oil quality and specification improves, so the second letter of the classification changes alphabetically. SE is a now obsolete, the latest itieration is SM. SE through to SM oils can be used in an SE classified engine, SE through to SL oils cannot be used in a SM classified engine.

since you know about oils..
would it be ok to run the same yamalube 2-m or 2-w (i believe)run in my outboard motor for my boat in my quad??

Yamalube 2W has a large amount of metallic additives for the constantly changing rpms on a jet ski/jet boats.
i would not recommended using it in your quad.