dmc alien on the way

soon2b

Jan 13, 2013
So I just ordered a new dmc alien exhaust set for my sons blaster. I also ordered an uni-filter to go in the stock box, a selection of main jets ranging for 260-340. Upon arrival we will be removing the airbox lid and attempting to get the thing jet and start doing some runs for plug chops. I was wondering what would be a good jet to start with to get me close. We run the mix at 32:1 with amsoil. For now it is unported and no head mod. It has been leak tested and passed. We will be leaking test after the exhaust install again because we will be fitting some Vitos dual stage carbon reeds as well. One more question would the jets we have be big enough to support the head mod we will be getting done very soon. thanks for the help guys

Depending on temps,320 should be good starting point with plug chops or good knowledgable plug read. Shouldn't need to re-jet with head but it never hurts to check any time you change things up.

#310 - #320 will be a good starting point, the DMC instructions will tell you to put the needle on the lowest clip, I did have mine there for a while but have since found the needle shows a nicer plug chop on the second from bottom clip.

When I recently fitted my rechambered head it seems to run rich on the needle, so I may be putting it on the middle slot.

thanks alot fellas. Looks like we will be throwing the 320 in there and starting to see what we get. My son is dying to see what the bike will feel like with the new mods.

thanks alot fellas. Looks like we will be throwing the 320 in there and starting to see what we get. My son is dying to see what the bike will feel like with the new mods.

he will love the sound of it :D i recently fitted a dmc to my blaster and i actually like it better than toomey.(toomey was my original choice)

i wanted the toomey but supposedly the mid to low on the alien is better. he is just concerened about going faster so hopefully the full exhuast, filter, jets and reeds will give him a nice upgrade in the old butt dyno deptartment

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Pssssssh, with what you're doing, unless the toomey made 25 more hp 8-| your son will never know the difference. The difference he will notice is that it will be a totally different animal. I:I I:I Now make him do chores to EARN IT !!! :eek:

He is fourteen and the parts all come from his chore money and some good grade school money. It has been an awesome thing for him. He is learning so much. We got the bike for 400 dollars completely tore apart with a old cooler full of motor parts. We have had to rebuild and fix so much its not even funny

Plus we never got the toomey that was just my choice. we are upgrading from a stock exhaust with a fmf silencer

I did an RM 50 and air cooled YZ 80 for mine, now he's all growed up, and I get to tinker with his Banshee, lol

"cept he won't let me port it, scared, says I made the Blaster to peaky. Far from it, least in my eyes, it just rips.

"cept he won't let me port it, scared, says I made the Blaster to peaky. Far from it, least in my eyes, it just rips.[/QUOTE]

im the same way hard to impress :) something has to seriously fly to make me look from where i am and watch B)

so i installed the dmc, new vitos dual stage reeds, uni airfilter in the stock box, put a 310 main jet in and moved the needle to the 5th spot like the instructions said. The bike absoultely run like crap. It spit and sputtered at low rpms and seem to clear out once it got up in the revs. So just take make sure when the say the 5 poistion that means the position closest to the point of the needle correct. also when we towed the bike back home cause it was running terrible the bike wont even start now. Where should i start at. Any help would be great. thanks in advance
also when we got the bike home and was trying to kick it to start there was a huge back fire does that mean the bike got flooded.

prolly fouled the plug dumping all that "5th clip position"
fuel into it

new plug
airscrew at 1.5 turns out to start,
return to the original middle clip position.
and plug chop that 310 main

i've run 4 different right bend pipes on my piped and filtered, stock carb black blaster, the needle has never left the middle clip position...and it rips !!!
ain't nobody, no how, gonna convince me that the dmc alien provides anything special, or more flow than the right bends, that would require all that fuel at mid throttle.

i will go back to the middle tomorrow. I fitted a new plug and the bike still wouldnt start i just figured i would let it set tonite and try tomorow with a middle clip. what is the stock spot for the air screw so i can make sure the orginial owner had it where it goes. thanks for the help

1.5 turns out to start, then..........

http://www.blasterforum.com/carburetor-138/adjusting-your-airscrew-pilot-jet-51060/

then, if the needle setting makes the bike pull hard like it should, i like to drop that clip position to richen it, till it does what you described above, then raise the clip until it feels right, that way you know you're not lean on the needle, because you just found where rich is and worked back to just right.

then onto main jet plug chops

Strange that the lowest position on the needle seemed to rich, when I installed my DMC Alien It ran just great there.

Are you using the stock needle or did you put one in from a kit?

How is the float setting?

Is the lid on the airbox? If so a #310 main is a bit big, a #290 is more like it.

You should plug chop at 1/2 and 3/4 throttle.

When I recently fitted my rechambered head it seems to run rich on the needle, so I may be putting it on the middle slot.

Just went back through the posts, have you taken the lid off yet.

Strange that the lowest position on the needle seemed to rich, when I installed my DMC Alien It ran just great there.

Are you using the stock needle or did you put one in from a kit?

How is the float setting?

Is the lid on the airbox? If so a #310 main is a bit big, a #290 is more like it.

You should plug chop at 1/2 and 3/4 throttle.

Just went back through the posts, have you taken the lid off yet.

Yes the lid is off. I didnt check the float setting I will do that tomorrow. I assume the needle is the stock one. I did not use a needle from a kit. The instruction with the alien said to put it on the 5th position and use a 280. I would think the needle clip would be pretty close but i guess i will try tomorrow and see if the middle makes any difference. thanks

as far as the air screw. do i just run it in till it gets tight and the go the one and half from there to start with. This bike has been a hack job from the beginning jus want to make sure its like it should be..thanks