did you ever hear of this?

i have heard of doing it to a after market silencer but not a stock one. i would drill out the baffle plate in thestock one and gut it out to open up some better flow but even then i would just buy a afer market pipe if u are looking to get more out of it. most people shorten the after markets so they dont stick out past the grab bar with some longer silencer and some times to make it louder and i think thats the main reasions for it. i know people with banshees that have shortend head pipes now it think this will do some thing for power silencers realy dont do that much on a bike in my opp.

sielncers doooooo do something, and yes i shortened mine, and went to a fmf turbinecore2, i didnt like the sound of my lrd,

SILENCER

Silencers come in all sorts of shapes and sizes. A long silencer with a small diameter enhance the low to mid power because it increases the bleed-down pressure in the pipe. A silencer with a short length and a large core diameter provides the best bleed-down pressure for a high rpm engine. Too much pressure in the pipe at high rpm will radically increase the temperature of the piston crown and could cause the piston to seize in the cylinder.

shortenting a stock garbage can silencer wont be woerth the time and effort, since the stock head pipe is what kills them