Diamond J Custom Widening Kit

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
anyone ever tried the diamond j custom widening kit for blaster? would i be able to run yfx 450 shocks with that?

I have it on my blaster. Pretty nice kit but you don't want to be using it for racing. I do mostly trail riding and it gave me the stability and look I was going for and was affordable. I only paid $75 for mine, however, because I bought it from another member on here. There is a picture in my signature of how it looks.

And yes, you will be able to run YFZ450 front shocks with it

Well for one, the suspension geometry is off.

2 - Your using stock a-arms which are not meant for the beating that racing can put on them.

I have it on my blaster. Pretty nice kit but you don't want to be using it for racing. I do mostly trail riding and it gave me the stability and look I was going for and was affordable. I only paid $75 for mine, however, because I bought it from another member on here. There is a picture in my signature of how it looks.

And yes, you will be able to run YFZ450 front shocks with it

Which Kit is that?

Been using the diamond for the last year, no problems than than a little more bump steer, which can be helped by a little more toe out.

2hx1xn5.jpg

id buy the 6 so i can run longer shocks

Kit covers both the 4 1/2 and the 6, you get different size tie rod extensions.

It is a good idea to get aftermarket tie rods, as I have first hand experience of the extensions bending.

To run longer shocks you need to get the lowering kit also, this allows not only lowering capabilities, but raising as well.

With the lowering kit you have 6 options for height.

Fitting it one way, will allow lowering, the other way raising.

The YFZ 450 Shocks without the wide kit puts the shock at a different angle and the suspension becomes stiffer.

its not really a lowering kit. its the conversion kit to run either stock or other similar shocks. i have a set of 400 ex shocks in front which are 16"

Agreed, but it is a real handy mod, to be able to set up for different heights at the grasp of a wrench.

It allows me to use the same shocks for MX, and trails, where it needs to be pretty high.

Then turn the mountings over and it allows me 3 different lowerings for flat and grass track.

Agreed, but it is a real handy mod, to be able to set up for different heights at the grasp of a wrench.

It allows me to use the same shocks for MX, and trails, where it needs to be pretty high.

Then turn the mountings over and it allows me 3 different lowerings for flat and grass track.

hell ya, i miss it! i could use almost any size shock out there for the front!!!