DAMN! i made a mistake!

lassek

Feb 23, 2009
Sweden, Denmark is my native
I have removed the transmission WITHOUT paying attention to the positons of levers and gears.. I just took it all off..

The manuel states that pay closely attention to the positions/levers etc..

Is there a good way to assemble it again correctly?

Lasse

I have removed the transmission WITHOUT paying attention to the positons of levers and gears.. I just took it all off..

The manuel states that pay closely attention to the positions/levers etc..

Is there a good way to assemble it again correctly?

Lasse

No i took the to shafts off complete so they are in 2 pieces ( 1 x 2 shaft) .. and then i have the gearselector and 2 x 1 levers..

But the levers has to be in a specific postition along with the gearselector..

yea i know you mesh the 2 shafts together then the bottom fork for the for the countershaft is gonna have a 3 on it put that in 1st then the top one on the same shaft will say 1 then install the pin or shaft that goes through em to hold it in and then the shift fork that says 2 goes on the other gear shaft
and the drum that has the star on it set that to neutral like it woul be when u put the cover back on and if u want but the cover on after and check before u bolt it back up and make sure everything spins freely i did itt like 3 times and mine is mint now

jfblasterboy65 :

Wow that sounds a little complicated, atleast when english is not my native language.. :)

I´ll guess i have to send you some pictures when i install it, and maybe you can help me through it.. it will be a while though.. need to buy new bearings and crank and install first..

i just put one together not to long ago, it is kinda a pain in the ass, u have to put the entire trans together and slide it into the bearings at the same time, u cant put one peice in at a time

^ill look around for spare tranny parts, i know we have bad stuff laying around, and ill throw a tranny together for ya and take pics of the whole install, u said u had some time to do the crank and bearings, so ill get those as soon as i can

^ill look around for spare tranny parts, i know we have bad stuff laying around, and ill throw a tranny together for ya and take pics of the whole install, u said u had some time to do the crank and bearings, so ill get those as soon as i can

Same here,I have a bunch of internals and could mock up something also if need be.I have done many now so it goes together fairly easy.Once you do it once you will laugh at how easy it is next time.Just be patient and make sure it all spins freely.

Thanks guys, it´s incredible how helpful people are here.. I like that! :) yeah i have some time before needed to assemble.. But it would be awesome with some mock-up pictures..

Thanks really!

Last edited:
one thing also to get in the habit of doing if you haven't did something before is take good pics with a digi while you take something apart. saves your butt sometimes if you just can't remember how it was put together.

That diagram is a break down of the parts involved.It can really only go one way.I will mock something up and give you a step by step install in the next day or two if someone hasn't already done it.

put both clusters in the case (sprocket side), put shiftfork #3 in first then the shift drum, then #2 then #1 now all the gears should be lined up with each other slide the fork pins in, all the gears will turn when you turn 1 shaft, put the clutch side case on, with a thin coat of yamabond 4! dont make it harder than it is.

hahahahah you were right! , it was awful easy... tried for fun while the engine is apart.. it´s a 30sec job! :-D AND i can check it by spining the gears and just check all gear can be access through the shifter...

The fork can only be in one way! and they have a little track for them.. thought it would be way harder since the servicemanuel stated pay closely attention..