custom hood

B-1

Jul 31, 2010
VA
Well i started making a hood that i can put a light in. I cant really decide whether i like it just yet or not. I think its a good idea but i dont want the hood to make the whole blaster look stupid. Whats your input on it? Finish it or hit it with a baseball bat lol. Im thinking i can put a light in the opening and some mesh over it so u cant really see the light unless its on.
5mzoft.jpg

dm2vqr.jpg

246j890.jpg

Well you have a great start to it, don't stop now. Even finish it just to see what it looks like, and someone may like it and buy it.

Smooth it out, find a paint to match your blaster, and go for it.

what kind of light are you gonna put in it?
i think you should make the bottom part of rthe opening extend down a little but more but if you are going for noon seeing the light unless its on get some real small leds to sneak in a hood

I have some leds im going to try first and if that dont work i was thinking one of those rectangular fog lights from autozone. Thanks for the input guys, I still have a lot of work to go. Everything has to be evened out and sanded real good.

I like it man. Leds might not work so great because of the voltage fluctuations.
They like to blink without a steady power supply but it doesn't hurt to try them them since you got em.

I like it man. Leds might not work so great because of the voltage fluctuations.
They like to blink without a steady power supply but it doesn't hurt to try them them since you got em.

I have the trail tech adjustable voltage regulator so maybe it will do a little better than stock, i dont know we shall find out

well its definitly unique! lol personaly not to put you down i like the maier race hoods better like the one on mine. 30 bucks for them that cheap thats what id suggest but dont get me wrong that is a nice hood!

I already have a taurus v1 front plastic so its nothing im to worried about. Im just waiting on parts to get it in so i needed something to do and i was in the mood to do some fiberglass work so i figured id make a hood that will hold a light incase i ever might need one. This way i can just swap front plastics if needed.

Haha thanks man. I havent had time to finish it yet. A bunch of my parts came in so ive been working on the build but soon as i get some free time ill finish it up.