cr500 trade question

98blaster+4

Oct 12, 2008
vermont
your probably tired of hearing me ask about things to trade the blaster for but.....
check this ad out and tell me your thoughts on the cr500 , looks a little beat up but its a 500 2 stroke
1987 cr500

From the picture the bike looks like right away it will need a chain, probably sprockets, one hell of a cleaning, and probably some parts. But if they add money you may want to do it. Just be careful, heard it takes a strong leg to kick one over.

looks like a 80s honda dirt bike, faded plastics, and dirty.. its older than some of our members, its not gonan look mint

i think, you better own mx boots to kick it over or your gonan be spending time with a broken ankle, the big bore bikes are not as forgiving to sloppy kick start technic like the blasters are,

and you may end up on your ass more than anything.. 500= wheelies when ever it wants to

well for a heavy foot i wiegh 250. dont think ill have a prblem kicking it over. and i have rather large brass balls. but the bike does look like sh*t, i agree.

lol i used to ride my dudes 80s cr 80 and that biotch would ride wheelies in sixth lol

500's aren't for everyone. IMO not the best all around bike. Yeah, it's awesome for desert and wide open fire roads, but other than that, ehh.

the 500 is a monster of a bike my friend just bought one a couple weeks ago and he really likes it all he's put on it is a full pro circuit pipe and its mean. the leg thing is more than true it takes a hell of a leg to kick it over. if u have no experience on a dirt bike thats not gonna be a good one to learn on at all. another thing u might wanna check on is parts availibility i know my buddies is an 88 and its a little harder to find parts.. the bike dont look that bad and the plastics are pretty cheap for that bike

Yeah be careful when kicking that thing I have a 81 It 465 and when that kicker catches ur leg it hurts badly

The 500 is one mean ass bike.I have ridden a few and would rather ride them occasionally than own one.lol

i dont think im gonna do it, just like the blaster to much. but if you guys want this thing ill use your money to buy it and hold it toll you come pick it up.