Cr500 into blasty frame?!?

Tommyramone55

Jan 30, 2012
Alright guys don't have a lot of posts somewhat new, but I have a cr500 in my garage funny thing bike is pretty much ready to run minus few minor things....anyways been thinking about doing a blasty frame swap with it.

Have read around just wanted to collect some thoughts....? :-/I:I
Or possibly different motor...? Thanks guys

people put them into honda 200x,250r,350x atc frames. ive seen a few threads on it at 3wheelerworld.com. theres a guy whos done the swap a few times for himself and others.
theyre crazy fast, from what ive heard. that being said, a blaster frame is a little weak compared to the quality of the honda atc frames. so gusset plates and possible coring of some tubes might be needed.
a blaster doesnt weigh much more than my 200x, and the 200xs motor weighs more. so i would assume the cr500 swap to a blaster would be just as fast and a tad more controllable for launch and cornering.

funny some one brought this up. i have decided even if my 200x blows up eventually, i wont get rid of it. ill just banshee or cr500 swap it :). the thing is awesome, brings the front tire just off the ground through 1st 2nd at wot. with me over the bars, and i weigh 250.

Lots of guys do them. They ride them untill they can't stand the vibration anymore or the frame, pipe, ect. cracks.

The vibrations in a quad frame is a joke with a CR500 engine. It'll spend every running moment making cracks and loosening bolts. I've been riding and racing CR500's for 15 years and seen enough projects get given up on for these reasons alone. It's hard enough to hang onto being in a 2 wheel frame. The vibes are more than most people care for just on your hands alone.

An antivibe stem and a couple bottles of loctite would help, but never cure the issue. You would have to counter -balance it or machine rubber bushings into it

Fabricating a counter balancer is THE ONLY way to help.
Every which other way has been tried. I have read 100's of pages on this.

lol im ready tho 84 cr500 blaster 110 race gas cpi out frame + swinger 14/40 gearing more mods to come

Why would you need any mods with a CR500?
Like, you need more power???
Just put the darned thing in there and ride it!

:)

Much of the cracking issues is poor weld and mount designs.
Spread the load, gusset your mounts, don't just drill holes in the frame.

Steve

My blaster has a 84 air cooled cr 500 motor + 6 arm ported& polished head milled cpi custom out frame pipe runs on 110 race gas 14/40 gears. All i have to do now is tune and i got a lil more fab work and finish tha seat.