CR 80 with 125 motor

well got a bit farther the thing that has been holding me up for a month got the bolt swingarm sleeves drilled out for the bolt so done now i can go faster now.. my dad is still working on geting Midwest Fab (company my dad works for) they do custom tubing and ibeams and alot of stuff but he is custom making me the square tubing for me to get the frame cradel back in.. (pictures 2marro if school is closed alot of snow coming down supposed to get 6inches by noon 2marro)

tubes tacked.jpg

front mount.jpg

finally got pictures for ya.. got the front part of the tubes tacked in to the mounting system.. 2marro ill be trying to bend the back part of the tubes to match up with the originals then tacked.. then probally fully weld it together, then onto the exhaust getting cut apart and moved to keep it on the right side but more on that next week or hopefully this week

well got the back pulled in.. super easy a bar clamp and a torch she bent right in tacked it up done now. i have a full frame again.. also found a sprocket maker to custom make me my back sprocket.. sprocket specialties it will be a 39 tooth rear so this beast will be all top speed since i cant put a bigger one on it.. and today i started to get serious with the exhaust. i put the one from the RM 125 on and it will be such a pain in the ass im scraping that idea.. so i dug around all my old parts and found the FMF pipe for my old YZ 125 and it fits realitivly nice i can see ill only have to cut the pip it 2 spots and make 1 new bracket.. now onto the part im concered about if i put this pipe on will it screw up my timing and screw up where my powerband?? ill be using the FMF gold series fatty with a YZ stock silencer..let me know what ya think

probably will mess with the powerband seeing as how the pipe was made for a yz125 not for and RM125, the Yz and the Rm motor also probably had different compression ratios

ok little update on this i got a pipe made up for it. i used a 1998 YZ 125 FMF fatty pretty easy i had to make one bracket and weld a new tip to fit into the cylinder. then i won a 1996-1997 Pro Circuit silencer 304 shorty so waiting on shipping on that so that brings me to a stop. so i took off the head and found out i need to helio coil one stud back in not a big problem.. then i took the reeds out found out it has a set of Boyseen dual stage.. then the best part that made my weekend the motor is PORTED already the intake has 3 holes cut in it 2 ovals on the side of the intake into the transfer ports i belive and then on the bottom of the intake there is a rectangle cut out into the crank i belive.. today im gonna get the frame completely welded up. alot of small stuff.. but i have to have this done in 2 weeks haha probally not gonna happen i can always try..

i have seen these at the fair racing in the pit bike class, they were beating the full size 125's in the races, it was awesome, they can launch into the air!

they better the frames weight maybe 100 pounds its next to nothing. the motor weights probally just as much as the frame haha its gonna be sick when finally done cant wait next week ill probally be able to give it a test ride

ok well another update i have 6 more days to get it done.. well got the pro circuit silencer yesterday and ordered my sprocket for sprocket specialsts $80 for a aluminum sprocket i think its way over priced for aluminum... should be here tomarro.. but i started modifiy the silencer and it is the biggest pain in the butt to fit the fatty was easier it literlly took my 4 hours to get the silencer and mid pipe half way done now i need to get my tig welder going and weld the stainless steel tubes and the brackets and midpipe all welded up... no pictures tell its all done!!! next week i should have it ready to rock i still cant figure out a intake system for it

another update i got my tig welder hooked up my brother welded up my pipes together so now i just have to go to the ace and get the little bolts that hold the reeds on the cage and ready to start it up..

sunday she is gonna come to life again for the 1st time in 10years how long the last time the guy said its been sitting in his garage...

need to get the intake system done and she is ready to go stomp my buddys Raptor 700

ok well yesterday i got my sprocket from sprocket specialts guess what its bent!!! when i put the chain on a started to line it up and if you turned the wheel at one poit the chain would start riding on the top of the teeth.. then if you spin it slow enough you can hear one spot of the sprocket rubs on the chain guide.. for 80 dollars you would think they could make one.. no its the not the shippers fault the package was perfect when it got here.. i emailed them about it yesterday about a return, no answer.. today and they always returned my email the next day nothing.. so they will have a nice letter in their email box..and their site says no returns on Z sprockets which means special order..

do you think they should return my order if they screwed it up and bent??

ok well sprocket went back so lets hope the new one works.. never did start it up sunday wanted it all togther for the 1st start up.. 2marro going down to ace and get some plumbing parts for the intake cant get just one piece of tubing so last option gonna get 2 small street 45 degree pipes to get around the shock then another to get into the filter...

ok finishing my hybrid right now!!!! ... i got a new head gasket for my 1982 Suzuki RM 125 motor and i need to know the torque specs for the nuts that hold the head to the cylinder..

i called the dealer and they said in typical fashion they never help but they said they dont have books that go back that far..

so last resort anybody on here know the answer??????????

I have been looking for like an hour bro. From what I found it goes between 20 and 22 foot pounds. I would take the average of 21 myself and torque it there.