Coil wire or plug boot

deeeebeeeeee

Aug 20, 2015
Rossville, Ga
My plug boot which I think came with the crappy orange Chinese coil, which the previous owner was kind enough to install.
Anyhow the spark plug boot took a crap today and dropped the little brass plug latch out of it, the clip that hold tight to the plug flew into oblivion.
I made a temporary clip with mechanics wire and threaded the brass plug back into the plastic of the boot. The next time I pulled the boot it came out again. I am planning on going to the trails, to finish jetting when my pilot jet comes in,and I don't want a bad boot to ruin my trip especially when I will be doing plug chops,

If anyone has a spare they would part with or knows of a good deal on a good coil or just a boot let me know. I might look into trying to get a universal boot local or somewhere that ships same day.

Thanks
DeeBeee

I'm pretty sure you can buy just aa ngk boot and put it on the wire. I have no idea what the part number is, but it is done on Banshee's all the time.

Yeah I am considering getting just a 135° boot at the parts store, because I gotta have one, but I am also concerned that the Chinese high output :confused: coil may not be the greatest, I could get a used oem pretty cheaply.

Aren't all those coils that are made with that same shape bolt, and wire config, basically the same or do they have different resistance and voltages?

I have no idea. I run a nology coil and wire on my blaster, but Dualstroke did all the technical sizing and stuff. I just opened the box and installed it lol

There is nothing wrong with an OEM coil. They are tried and true, and rarely go out