clutches

phragle

Feb 7, 2009
Godfather to the blaster family
over the years, and with the type of riding I have done, I have the blaster clutch figured out.
1. do NOT waste your money on Skippy's heavy duty thermonuclear bionic clutch kits.
2. check your basket. the stock baskets notch quickly if you hve upped the power.
3. toss the oem basket and use a good hard anodized aftermarket one.
4. use oem (yamaha) disks and plates.
5. use barnett heavy springs
6. check the pressure plate (I had one explode, it took out the clutch cover, tore up a hinson bsket, the right case, ripped the input shaft bearing out of the left case, twisted the input shaft and twisted the crank.) motor was 100% new with less than half hour on it and was basically complete junk.
7. adjust the internal adjustment correctly.
it should last a long time , unless you ride like I do, than it will hopefully last 24 hours (thats 900+ hard miles in 24 hours)

over the years, and with the type of riding I have done, I have the blaster clutch figured out.
1. do NOT waste your money on Skippy's heavy duty thermonuclear bionic clutch kits.
2. check your basket. the stock baskets notch quickly if you hve upped the power.
3. toss the oem basket and use a good hard anodized aftermarket one.
4. use oem (yamaha) disks and plates.
5. use barnett heavy springs
6. check the pressure plate (I had one explode, it took out the clutch cover, tore up a hinson bsket, the right case, ripped the input shaft bearing out of the left case, twisted the input shaft and twisted the crank.) motor was 100% new with less than half hour on it and was basically complete junk.
7. adjust the internal adjustment correctly.
it should last a long time , unless you ride like I do, than it will hopefully last 24 hours (thats 900+ hard miles in 24 hours)

I think the stock basket works quite well with a barnett clutch kit with hd springs.Not much more than stock for the barnett kit.I agree with all other info.