clutch push rod

dave280zzz

Feb 4, 2008
toledo ohio
Ok so i have taken my first engine apart bought new (used) cases and as im about ready to start putting back together i look at the old push rod and the one i just ordered and notice like everyone says that the ball has been melted to the end but at the other end my old one has like a flat head on it and my new one doesnt is this normal or do i have something mixed up. The new one is actially a little longer even. Anyway thanks dave

Attachments

• 100_3410.jpg
    100_3410.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 495
The new one is how it is supposed to look bro. It shouldnt be mushroomed like the old one. I have heard of guys changing the little ball out for I think a ceramic one to stop the problem of the ball getting welded to the shaft.

i had that exact same problem once bro, just ordered a new rod ball and clutch arm and havent a problem since. does anyone know why that ball welds itself to that shaft? i still havent figured out why that happened to me....

but you definately need a new ball also

i had that exact same problem once bro, just ordered a new rod ball and clutch arm and havent a problem since. does anyone know why that ball welds itself to that shaft? i still havent figured out why that happened to me....

well through my readings this happens when u are hauling ass, say in 5th gear and u downshift 1 to many gears and let the clutch out and it revs like a madman sounding like its gonna blow up lol.....all that pressure is transfered into that clutch rod and ball

the ball will weld itself to the rod from drifting with the clutch pulled for too long or in nuetral, <<< one of those two reasons i believe