Clutch Problems

Blaster528

Aug 12, 2015
Rut Vegas, Vermont
Hey guys and gals so I've been messing around with my other blaster and have finally got the urge to fix the clutch. Riding without it isn't as fun. So I crack it open thinking the plates were stuck since its been sitting for 6 years or the ball welded itself. I take it all apart and notice that the plates were a little stuck, got a magnet and the ball bearing pops out. So I think it was just the plates sticking. I put everything back together follow Kens Yamaha blaster assembly 3 video and adjust the arm. After its all together I pull the arm and the plates don't even move. The bolt in the middle will move a little but that's it. So are my plates bad? I'm really stumped on this one. Any help is appreciated

did you align the dots on pressure plate and inner hub before sdjusting the interal rod ?

24201-3df8ed0e0fdc60295c074dca21f18fbe.jpg

try moving the actuator with a pair of channel locks and see if it moves more, could be stretched cable

did you align the dots on pressure plate and inner hub before sdjusting the interal rod ?

24201-3df8ed0e0fdc60295c074dca21f18fbe.jpg

try moving the actuator with a pair of channel locks and see if it moves more, could be stretched cable
Yes I did the dots are aligned. This is really confusing, I've read a bunch of clutch threads and havnt come across anything like this

the pressure plate doesn't move out more than a little bit to release pressure on the plates allowing them to slip

are the slots grooved on the clutch basket preventing the plates from seperating ?

how are you testing this ?
it helps if it's warmed up, maybe try riding it to warm and loosen it up ?

the pressure plate doesn't move out more than a little bit to release pressure on the plates allowing them to slip

are the slots grooved on the clutch basket preventing the plates from seperating ?

how are you testing this ?
it helps if it's warmed up, maybe try riding it to warm and loosen it up ?
The pressure plate doesn't move at all, however if I press the center rod in and play with the clutch arm I can feel it pushing back. Yes the clutch basket is grooved but I can barely feel it with my finger. To test it I have the clutch case off and I'm basically bench testing it by shifting through the gears and pulling the clutch arm forward. Tomorrow if I can I'll try to put it back together and see if riding it'll work. I just need a 4.3 ft lb torque wrench :)

The pressure plate doesn't move at all, however if I press the center rod in and play with the clutch arm I can feel it pushing back. Yes the clutch basket is grooved but I can barely feel it with my finger. To test it I have the clutch case off and I'm basically bench testing it by shifting through the gears and pulling the clutch arm forward. Tomorrow if I can I'll try to put it back together and see if riding it'll work. I just need a 4.3 ft lb torque wrench :)

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/beam-torque-wrench-a-must-have-0-80-pd.63682/

Told you its a must have Lol :)

Reactions: Blaster528
The pressure plate doesn't move at all, however if I press the center rod in and play with the clutch arm I can feel it pushing back

check that push plate on the inside of the pressure plate, it needs to be screwed outward tight to the plate, if it's screwed inward away from the plate it can't push it out.

#17 in the schematic
clutch.jpg

Reactions: Blaster528
*Update*

I have recently purchased a torque wrench so the clutch springs are now torqued properly. However after assembling and reassembling the clutch still does not work.