Clutch problems

blasterkiidirl

Dec 10, 2010
Ireland Cork
i was out on my race quad and i keep on experiencing what i think is clutch slip :-/. I only felt it coming out of corners in 3rd or higher but in the straights from 4th gear to 6 gear the revs build hi but it don't power off like it should. will banshee clutch springs or any springs of a bike fit a blaster and is it an improvement ??

Not sure if banshee springs will help but taking it appart and inspecing the clutch and disks would be a good idea and then get some hd springs if they look ok

i have tusk clutch kit, and that works good! the springs are a tad harder than stocks. has never slipped on me. i also use valvoline 4 stroke atv motor oil for the tranny

Last edited:
If your saying it doesn't feel like its hitting the powerband,I would check over the motor first before blaming it on the clutch.

i was out on my race quad and i keep on experiencing what i think is clutch slip :-/. I only felt it coming out of corners in 3rd or higher but in the straights from 4th gear to 6 gear the revs build hi but it don't power off like it should. will banshee clutch springs or any springs of a bike fit a blaster and is it an improvement ??

Clutches wear after a period of use, check the cable for slack.

You may just need a simple cable adjustment.

what mods do you have done, i had my pressure plate machined to accept bigger springs, unlesss you have alot done you will probably not need to go that far and you can just get a regular after market upgrade

Clutches wear after a period of use, check the cable for slack.

You may just need a simple cable adjustment.

Theres about 3mm or 'free play' on my clutch. my engine is ported and the head is milled and im going to advance the timing and get it dynoed to see what way its tuned but that maybe on hold now if the clutch is faulty. To anwser blanners question i use 10/30 motor cycle gear box oil

clutch slippage is most evident in the higher gears you mentioned
i'd suggest a new clucth kit with stiffer springs like the tusk kit suggested, or the "driveline performance" brand that i use

hopwfully il have the time to strip the clutch what clutch should i get bear in mind i dont wanna spend too much money and my engine is ported ect but it still has a stock carb .

If your saying it doesn't feel like its hitting the powerband,I would check over the motor first before blaming it on the clutch.

i cheacked it tonight and the discs are gone there 3.0mm to 2.8mm and the wear limit is 2.8mm so there only i thing for it and that is to replace the clutch for a heaver duty one.I gunna but a stock clutch from the other blaster so i can get the quad dyno'd this week end.