Clutch Problems

centipede3001

Nov 3, 2010
So i recently bought a blaster and im noticing this problem getting worse and worse
If its in 1st gear and i pull the clutch in to kick start it it jumps like the clutch isnt completly disengaged
So i have to start it in neutral all the time
I tried adjusting the clutch up at the handle but it is screwed out all the way and theres no other spot for adjustement on it
Is there anything i can do about this?
On my raptor i have a second adjustment down by the clutch but this blaster doesnt have one

let me tell you first its probably you clutch basket gear, but it might be your friction plates or if there not to bad you could adjust the clutch internaly by screwing in the push rod

obviously if the handle adjustment is out the whole way, its just cable stretch,
get a new cable...problem solved

i doubt thats the trouble, i just had to replace my cable, it was almost an inch longer than the new one, becuse the old one stretched over who knows how many years

but heres the other adjustment, copied ans pasted....................

it took me 4 or 5 times to get this right, very frustrating, do all this with the cable disconnected at the hand lever or clutxh actuator lever on the motor, so it doesnt effect the internal adjustment, loosen the locknut and screw, back it out a little, (the adjustment shaft in the middle of the clutch basket) then where the cable connects to the motor lever,theres a notch that lines up, look on the engine lever for the little point and a mark on the case, line these up, make sure it doesnt move while adjusting, a freind would be good here, then move to the other side, tighten the rod in with a small straight screwdriver till you feel it touch, then back it off 1/2 a turn,then tighten the locknut without letting the rod move, hold it with the screwdriver while tightening the nut, <<<<definately use locktite here, mine almost came loose, and thats disaster, then reconnect the cable to the hand lever, and adjust your slack i also did this with the wheels off the ground, so i could spin them with the clutch lever pulled in,to see if the wheels spun free, or if there was engine lag as i released it, before i put it all back together

yeah both adjustments are out the whole way and its still loose so i think the cable has just stretched over time
So im gonna look into getting a new one
Thanks everyone for the input