Clutch issue

Blasty01

Mar 5, 2018
Hi, I recently put a new motor in my blaster and I'm having an issue where the clutch is really hard to pull and it is adjusted almost all the way out on the lever because if not it is too loose and doesn't pull until maybe 1/2 from the bars I know the ball is in the clutch rod because I replaced the clutch and the ball about 2 months ago. It did this before the clutch was replaced so I know it's not that. But the clutch pull is so hard that I snapped my clutch cable. And at this point I'm just lost on what to do so any help is appreciated.

Check routing of cable, lube it. Presume it worked properly before ??
Might have to take it apart and and inspect everything, pull clutch actuator arm also.

Reactions: Awk08
It's a new cable because the other one broke, the routing is fine and I had the clutch out before. That's why I came on here because I'm completely lost. And the clutch was always like this too

I would take the clutch cover off and look if it is engaging and disengaging properly. If you still can't find the problem then, I would take the clutch assembly apart and make sure you have all the proper washers and spacers and that they are all in the correct place/order. Also make sure that the clutch rod is not stuck in the shaft that the clutch basket sits on.

I would take the clutch cover off and look if it is engaging and disengaging properly. If you still can't find the problem then, I would take the clutch assembly apart and make sure you have all the proper washers and spacers and that they are all in the correct place/order. Also make sure that the clutch rod is not stuck in the shaft that the clutch basket sits on.
I had the cover off and it does engage/disengage but it's just really hard to pull I think I've narrowed it down to somewhere in the actuator