Clutch help

Herpderplol

BRRAAAAAAAAAPP
Aug 22, 2012
Dickinson, ND
Sooo... I replaced my clutch over the summer and it's always been really far pulling to engage it. I moved the pin or what ever it is in the clutch 3 times and got it right, but i think the cable is an inch TOO long or something, to get it into neutral i have to pull it under the hand grip (it also goes up and down nicely ^_^).

Any help or comments would be great! I just want to make it so I don't have to pull it as far.

(I have the adjustment on the lever as far as it goes to tighten it)

you've done the internal rod adjustment correctly so the actuator pointer is on the case notch ?
if so, your cable may be stretched beyond the service limit,
thats what the lever adjustment is for ....cable stretch, not adjusting the clutch itself.

The cable may be bad, but when i put my new clutch in, I adjusted it 3 times, I could probably tighten it a little more on the rod itself... But I would have to wait until spring or summer to work on that, I don't think my mom would allow me to do that type of work in the house, and the table we use for any type of engine work is too big to fit into our basement and fit a blaster without hitting the ceiling.

If ya wanna be a cheap azz OR you bought the wrong cable for your combination like I did on the shee you can use a mini tubing cutter to solve your problem. This is is assuming your sure you did all the assembling right...
It will cost you $10 from a hardware store in the plumbing section.

20130101_123423.jpg

I used one to fix my tor's banshee cable to open my aftermarket carbs all the way.
Be precise on your marks sir.

Thanks for the idea. BTW i love your yellow and black banshee I:I. I think my cable is just stretched to the limit and then a little more. Maybe i will just buy a new cable next, i also want to powder coat my frame, arms, swinger and a few other items, so i will check when i take it apart. Hoping i can powder coat it though...