clutch basket

brayden450

Apr 28, 2014
Got the blaster out on my street yesterday, ran great but I hear a wierd grindy noies (never good) pulled the clutch cover off to find 3 fingers of the clutch basket were broken off... Just curious what causes this to break. Also where is the best place ti find a new one? EBay is close ti $200 for all of them

Thanks for the help guys

If your gonna put a new basket in it put a hinson, wiseco or magnum in it, there hardend billet they dont were notches in them like the stock ones, well they wear but it takes a long time an alot of abuse, there exspensive but well worth the money

If your gonna put a new basket in it put a hinson, wiseco or magnum in it, there hardend billet they dont were notches in them like the stock ones, well they wear but it takes a long time an alot of abuse, there exspensive but well worth the money
Thats what I was thinking but I geuss the old part just gets old, wears out and gets brittle then breaks off?

Yep, plus the aluminum of the stock basket is soft to begin with, an if its ever been filed to remove previous notching it only makes it weaker