Clutch arm

Yamaha1

May 14, 2014
Flint
My blaster won't disengage. It rolls in every gear and is real loose at the handle also it won't move when I release the clutch. This all happened after the chain fell off one day. So I took it apart everything looks fine and the ball and rod aren't welded. I took the actuator arm out and everything was normal so I was gonna bout it back together to see what happens. But the arm will not line up and is so far back the cable can't reach it. That's the only way it will go in. Any ideas why the arm won't line up? Also I tried adjusting it

I have just rea your previous thread about this problem. You dont seem to be working this out systematically. Start on one end:
  • Disconnect Clutch cable from push rod lever
  • Slacken the adjuster on the clutch lever on the bars.
  • Slacken the adjuster nut and screw all the way
  • Remove the push road, the ball and the Push lever. Use a drinking straw to pull out the ball and inner push rod)
  • Inspect everything to wear and trueness (a word?)
  • If all ok, reassemble with everything as loose as possible.
  • Slowly adjust the nut and screw until the marker on the push road lever lines up with the mark on the casing as per manual. Or until its functional.
  • Adjust (fine tune) with the handle bar adjuster.
  • NB: Make sure your cable holder bracket is OK and not missing, upside down or bent. This bole under the one cylinder nut and anchors the cable outter. It will not work without this clamp!

I have just rea your previous thread about this problem. You dont seem to be working this out systematically. Start on one end:
  • Disconnect Clutch cable from push rod lever
  • Slacken the adjuster on the clutch lever on the bars.
  • Slacken the adjuster nut and screw all the way
  • Remove the push road, the ball and the Push lever. Use a drinking straw to pull out the ball and inner push rod)
  • Inspect everything to wear and trueness (a word?)
  • If all ok, reassemble with everything as loose as possible.
  • Slowly adjust the nut and screw until the marker on the push road lever lines up with the mark on the casing as per manual. Or until its functional.
  • Adjust (fine tune) with the handle bar adjuster.
  • NB: Make sure your cable holder bracket is OK and not missing, upside down or bent. This bole under the one cylinder nut and anchors the cable outter. It will not work without this clamp!
Thank you for explaining that. I still don't understand why the push rod lever will not go in the hole and line up atleast a little bit. Also when I put it in the hole it wouldn't move at all when I tried to pull on it.

You talking about the Push rod lever, the thing the cable end attaches onto at the motor end? There should be needle roller in the casing that aids the pivot of the lever. Have you inspected the roller? and the shaft? often the shaft wears due to corroded rollers and things dont work well there. What I have done here is made a bronze bush made and turned down my worn shaft to fit.

Remember to put in the push rod lever BEFORE you insert the actual push rods from the clutch basket end. Or else the push rod lever wont go down all the way as it will hit the rods and nothing will work.

Have you got the cable anchor bracket in place correctly?

You talking about the Push rod lever, the thing the cable end attaches onto at the motor end? There should be needle roller in the casing that aids the pivot of the lever. Have you inspected the roller? and the shaft? often the shaft wears due to corroded rollers and things dont work well there. What I have done here is made a bronze bush made and turned down my worn shaft to fit.

Remember to put in the push rod lever BEFORE you insert the actual push rods from the clutch basket end. Or else the push rod lever wont go down all the way as it will hit the rods and nothing will work.

Have you got the cable anchor bracket in place correctly?
Yes the push rod lever. And I haven't inspected the roller or shaft. I'm not sure where there even at. &What is the cable anchor bracket?

Remove 18, 21, 22. After inspecting 23 , install it. a bit of grease on it might help. then install 22, 21, 18. Make sure 22 is pointed correct way.

Remove 18, 21, 22. After inspecting 23 , install it. a bit of grease on it might help. then install 22, 21, 18. Make sure 22 is pointed correct way.
I removed all the pieces and 23 will not line up correctly no matter what I do. But I didn't remove 27. I couldn't figure out how to get it out

It will only go in like this. Also if I try to move it, it will not Move and actually started to bend.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1,011 KB · Views: 716
You said this happened when your chain came off. Are you SURE, your casing is not damaged from that event? Do yourself a favour and clean all that old oil and dirt off where you working around the oil seal. Its going to find its way down that hole sooner or later.