chainsaw question

Are there 2 slots in flywheel? For adjustable timing? Only one in crank? Are they almost directly across from each other ? Maybe to retard timing for poor gas?

Two slots? I'm a professional small engine tech who's seen a lot and worked on just about every chainsaw they've made in the last 15 years. Even so, that's a new one on me. Are you sure both key slots are cut into the crank from the factory? Manufacturers use a specific crankshaft for a specific engine application. There won't be a one-size-fits-several applications crankshaft in that engine, with multiple keyways.

Turn the crank until the piston is at TDC, then install the flywheel key into the slot on the crank which is facing down, towards the ground. The magnets on the flywheel should just be at or just passing the legs on the ignition module. This will properly-index the flywheel, for the engine to run with the correct ignition timing. Here's the diagram:

Partstree.com - Genuine replacement parts for Toro, Echo, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Troy Bilt, Lawn Boy (Lawnboy), lawn equipment (lawn mowers, saws, blowers, trimmers, snow blowers) and Tecumseh, Kohler and Briggs and Stratton Engines.

not theres not two keyways in the crank there in the flywheel and last night i tryed the other one and it almost ripped my arm off when it backfired haha so i know its not for adusting the timing

Lol, not fun. Glad it was just a chainsaw...try pulling a big twin over with a rope and having it kick back! Ouch. Buddy of mine once tried crank starting a Wisconsin VG4-D engine after a rebuild. Somebody had accidentally installed the magneto 180 degrees out. The engine popped back hard. It broke his arm and wrist and sent him flying across the shop...

Anyhow, did you get it running after putting the flywheel on properly?