Chain/Rearend making noise

dirtyr81

Feb 20, 2012
Davenport, Ia
hi everyone. I just heard some noise coming from the rear of my 2000 Blaster. I think it has something to do with my chain tensioners. It gets louder when I turn left. Sounds like the chain not sitting on the sproket right. I dont know. Any help is appreciated

Look at the teeth of the sprocket. They could be worn down. If the teeth are worn don't just tighten the chain, replace it.

could be the chain/sprockets are worn out, or it could be due for carrier bearings. get the rear off the ground and see if there is any play in the rear axle

If it gets louder when turning, check if the carrier bolts are tight, could be the sprocket going out of alignment. Could also as said before, carrier bearings worn out causing same problem.

Don't want to seem like a downer but this will do it every time.

345ztjd.jpg

Last edited:
If it gets louder when turning, check if the carrier bolts are tight, could be the sprocket going out of alignment. Could also as said before, carrier bearings worn out causing same problem.

Don't want to seem like a downer but this will do it every time.

same exact thing happened to me. all i ever hear is click clack click clack... one of the bearings was hot enough to put a nipple in the carrier but i just got a good deal for a new one ebay.