CFM AirBox mount DIY

1995blaster

Jul 30, 2009
WELL Ive made a few different airbox mounts and its never been solid well came up with a great idea. All you you need is a hose clamp and a lil piece of aluminum.
well take the aluminum and make 2 slits in it for the hose clamp to slide through heres a pic i just took a screw driver and a hammer.
Photo-0115.jpg

you need to then put the hose clamp through and test fit it
Photo-0116.jpg

then drill a hole where its in the right position then trim it up like so
Photo-0117.jpg

THEN MOUNT IT.
Photo-0118.jpg

Photo-0119.jpg

Reactions: JonS
awesome DIY post. it's a shame that my air tube was welded in at different angle than it seems most are. if it wasn't for that i'd use your method.

ya i saw that you said that yours hung a lil low and didnt like it. all you have to do is drill the holes in a lil diff spot

drilling holes ain't gonna help. they've already been drilled and it's still too low. not gonna go up any further than it is now.

drilling holes ain't gonna help. they've already been drilled and it's still too low. not gonna go up any further than it is now.

If the cover of the airbox is not almost hitting the seat then you can raise it.I have done this many of times and my method is the same for all and is as high as it will go.To the OP great pics and write up.This will help some peeps out.

thanks dual stroke ive seen some other mounts people have made and this just seemed the easiest to me and it works just as good if not better

good post, I am doing mine today and have done mounts different as well I will add to this once I have pics

Edit: I was working on a wrapped mount but got a better idea....not much help but benefit of gussets

120t28p.jpg

Last edited:
1995blaster your pics don't work for me? I tried copying them image URL and opening in a new tab and still no go. Did you a accidentally delete them? If you don't mind could you PM the pics to me? Thanks bud

WELL Ive made a few different airbox mounts and its never been solid well came up with a great idea. All you you need is a hose clamp and a lil piece of aluminum.
well take the aluminum and make 2 slits in it for the hose clamp to slide through heres a pic i just took a screw driver and a hammer.
Photo-0115.jpg

you need to then put the hose clamp through and test fit it
Photo-0116.jpg

then drill a hole where its in the right position then trim it up like so
Photo-0117.jpg

THEN MOUNT IT.
Photo-0118.jpg

IT COULD BE MAD ALOT NEATER. i just did this in a time crunch

I might make a build thread and remake it to make it look better but if i dont ill post it up here