cfm airbox mod

Awk08

Administrator
Staff member
Technician
Jan 30, 2009
well got my cfm airbox, and i'm not a big fan of k&n, and k&n style gauze filters, i a "uni" man, so i came up with a little mod that will allow you to put a stock style filter or "uni" and the stock cage into a cfm airbox.......
made a little bracket, and used "quick steel" to glue a nut to the back of it, screwed it to the intake tube, one on top, one thru the bottom < reaching in thru the drain hole, then used my stock cage, uni filter, and a little shorter bolt,
seems a little sluggish, gotta do a plug chop, i may have to trim away a little of the intake tube, to give it better flow, i'll update next week some time on the jetting changes if needed, but here's a few pics for now...............

Attachments

• HPIM1833.jpg
    HPIM1833.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 350
  • HPIM1834.jpg
    HPIM1834.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 367
  • HPIM1837.jpg
    HPIM1837.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 342
Reactions: callmej75
"broke into the safe", aaaahhhhaaahahahahaaaaaaaa

I just ordered a CFM airbox and was just about to shell out more money on a filter...This shall be done!

Good work man...and rep given of course!

Filter looks a little small for that airbox.A K&N is only $30 from your local chain ran parts store.Good mod work either way.Nice job.

as a matter of fact, it didnt work, the tube stuck too far into the filter, not allowing enuf air to pass, so i stuck the k&n style one back in, and ordered the uni clamp on, and it arrived yesterday,
gotta oil it and install tonite

In my decade long experience in 1/5th and 1/4 scale R/C buggy's a K&N filter will kill your motor.
The UNI foam style filters (oiled correctly) is superior in filtering out dirt.
This is a fact an I've had to replace a $$$$ 27cc motor in my HPI Baja because of it.
Ever since I seen that with my own eyes, I came to realise foam type filters are the best you can buy period.
If you run a K&N filter on your Blaster please run an Outerwears over it.
If you can afford it the K&N/Outerwears combo is unbeatable.

You can get a straight up bolt on UNI style filter for your CFM box with some looking.....

In my decade long experience in 1/5th and 1/4 scale R/C buggy's a K&N filter will kill your motor.
The UNI foam style filters (oiled correctly) is superior in filtering out dirt.
This is a fact an I've had to replace a $$$$ 27cc motor in my HPI Baja because of it.
Ever since I seen that with my own eyes, I came to realise foam type filters are the best you can buy period.
If you run a K&N filter on your Blaster please run an Outerwears over it.
If you can afford it the K&N/Outerwears combo is unbeatable.

You can get a straight up bolt on UNI style filter for your CFM box with some looking.....

so did you run your rc car without an outerwears???
well if you think about it 2strokes are a little more sensitive to dust getting past the filter because the air/fuel mixture goes threw the crankcase first......