Case gasket

Blevins14

Jan 25, 2012
I have been reading threads about what gasket to use for in between the cases. Three bond and yamabond have came up. Is there any alternative that I could use because today is Sunday and all local shops are closed. Anything I could use from hardware store or auto parts store?

Dont do it. Use the good sh*t . Sure there are subs out there but do you really want to do this job twice? Many people have used other sh*t with decent results but i will stick to yamabond for peace of mind.

Dont do it. Use the good sh*t . Sure there are subs out there but do you really want to do this job twice? Many people have used other sh*t with decent results but i will stick to yamabond for peace of mind.

Yuuuup. With a top end rebuild in between.

Just did the top end rebuild yesterday with a Wiseco 68mm. Then clutch quit working. Did some searching ended up being the clutch push rod number 2 was mushroom and bent so had to split the case to remove it because it would not slide out like its suppose to.

If you use the cheap or wrong stuff to seal your cases, you may get an air leak and will have to redo the top end all over.

I used permatex grey sealant... local shop uses it all the time with good results, same thing as yamabond 4 from what I have been told. It was ~8 bucks a tube but it should last forever usually lol