Case gasket or not?

blaster7

Mar 5, 2011
Martinsburg wv
Hey fellas well today I was looking thrue my cometic gaskets and there is no center case gasket? I suppose I need some sort of liquid gasket right? If so should I just use yamabond? and do I apply it to the center case? or just certain spots of the case half,and what type of yamabond should i get because theres a bunch of different numbered types,again thanks for your time guys.

No there is no gasket. Yes you just use yamabond. Use it everwhere were the two halves will meet. Try not to overuse it but make sure it is thorough. Shooting a how to vid on this procedure this week.

@jlsparky7 oh ok lol,yeah that's what I thought to buddy thanks alot for your help man and I'll be waiting for that vid keep me posted,oh and what number type of yamabond should I use?

Not sure on the number. I used ultra black RTV when i did my banshee cases but a bunch of people were saying not to use it. We will see how it holds up.....

Use Threebond 1194

That's the way to go... Threebond or Yamabond. Don't use Permatex Black. You can also go to a Stihl outdoor power equipment dealer and buy a tube of Dirko. Its red, it stinks, most of the labelling is in German, and it works great. :D