carburetor questions again

readytorip24

Jul 15, 2013
northeast ohio
Ok so correct me if i am wrong but im pretty sure that this is a 35mm airstriker carb. But anyways I bought my blasty from a guy that said that it had been jetted for winter riding, so i checked it out and it had a #165 main in it. Now when i ride it, it runs fine except for up top, like when you have it full throttle it just doesnt sound or feel right. I read on keihnins website that the stock main is 160. Do you think that i should go back down to 160? Im clueless about jetting and whatnot so any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:-/:-/:-/

What are all your mods? have you actually measured the bore to check for the 240 kit??

Air box lid on or off?

Mixing gas or injection?

well all my mods are in my sig but im pretty sure its a 240 kit because i watched kor's video on how to identify your cylinder and all signs were pointing to is so idk.

i have a k&n pod air filter thing with some sort of cover on it.

and also i mix the gas myself 32:1 with klotz

well all my mods are in my sig but im pretty sure its a 240 kit because i watched kor's video on how to identify your cylinder and all signs were pointing to is so idk.

i have a k&n pod air filter thing with some sort of cover on it.

and also i mix the gas myself 32:1 with klotz

You need to leak test and plug chop. That is the only way to know for sure. I would think your pretty close since you have a pod filter. I run a 35mm keihin with a 158 main and similar mods.

Well a fouled plug can be a problem. You really need to ensure you have an air tight motor before jetting. Jetting with an air leak is like driving blindfolded. A compression test is not a bad idea too.

These two test will save you a LOT of money in the long run. You can find and fix an airleak before it blows your motor up. If you notice your compression is getting a little low you may be ably to re ring the piston.