Carb tunnng video

Status
Not open for further replies.
actually both pilot jet and main jet flow fuel at WOT. U can change the pilot jet and make the bike run lean or rich at peak power. This is why we are putting together another vid together. I will have George go through all the designs, effects of changes and all the details. He has 30 years of tuning experience of all types of race engines
This documentation should help members with jetting...... Make it so much easier for all

Actually on a methanol motor the pilot/air screw circuit can effect WOT operation a little. I run mine a little rich so at the end of a run when I chop the throttle a few times it cools the tops of the pistons.

On a smaller motor, especially a gas motor, you might get a drizzle of fuel out of the pilot/air screw circuit but it will have no realized or real world effect on the main jet circuit.

If you dyno'd a bike back to back changing only the pilot jet (and doing it quickly as to keep the same humidity, air temp, barometric pressure, etc.) to get an accurate read...you'd see nil on the results.
The same could be said for a track time slip....

In theory, the pilot flows when the throttle is WOT.
In reality, it doesn't amount to anything that can be proven on a dyno, or more importantly a track.

I too have been tuning bikes for years and been to the track with hard numbers to back up what I'm saying.

Reactions: Kennedy_Power
Actually on a methanol motor the pilot/air screw circuit can effect WOT operation a little. I run mine a little rich so at the end of a run when I chop the throttle a few times it cools the tops of the pistons.

On a smaller motor, especially a gas motor, you might get a drizzle of fuel out of the pilot/air screw circuit but it will have no realized or real world effect on the main jet circuit.

If you dyno'd a bike back to back changing only the pilot jet (and doing it quickly as to keep the same humidity, air temp, barometric pressure, etc.) to get an accurate read...you'd see nil on the results.

In reality, it doesn't amount to anything that can be proven on a dyno, or more importantly a track.

I too have been tuning bikes for years and been to the track with hard numbers to back up what I'm saying.

well said, thanks for the input to help out the menbers
Rep given

well thats the most unusual first post ive seen in a while :-/ :-/ :-/, welcome to the forum I:I

well thats the most unusual first post ive seen in a while :-/ :-/ :-/, welcome to the forum I:I

Precisely why post count never dictates knowledge. Plenty of people don't post...but have a little know how.

You should've dyno'd Balla's bike in 5th gear, by the way.

The ideal gear ratio to dyno a bike is 1:1 gear ratio.
5th gear on a banshee is 23:22 (or 1.045 ratio) where as 6th gear is 21:24 (or .875 ratio).

I'm sure you guys know this (Kennedy) but other readers don't.
You can make a dyno read different numbers by using lower gears for the pull.

nice vid, but would've like to have seen this on a blaster instead.
this "how to" would be better suited for bansheehq.
i know they run the same 26mm Mikuni carbs, but it's still a banshee and this is a blaster forum. :D

just so everyone is aware...the bike that was professionally tuned in this vid, lasted about 5 min before melting the topend it's first trip out to the dunes.

Wow. I agree it was hella rich with the jets those carbs came with.. but damn. lean it out like a mofo just to impress kids with the dyno numbers? Leave the atv stuff alone KP, it's not working out!

Wow. I agree it was hella rich with the jets those carbs came with.. but damn. lean it out like a mofo just to impress kids with the dyno numbers? Leave the atv stuff alone KP, it's not working out!

With all the pro teams out there like NHRA ProStock cars, Bikes, Top fuel, funny cars. You might think when a top fuel engine burns down or a funny car, it must be bad engine build/fueling? Racing is about putting a engine on the edge. I had the experience to work with Dick Maskin the owner of Dart cylinder heads.. So I guess if one of his engines blow up, or one of his competition engine builders its all junk? Jetting and ignition curves are up the customer to play with. No engine builder can be held responsible for customer mishaps

Status
Not open for further replies.