Carb tunnng video

Status
Not open for further replies.
not bad man, but 1 issue with this......when u tested it the first time the airscrew on that carb was turned out 2 1/2 turns...thats how many times u turned the screw back in..then u turned the airscrew out 1 1/4 turns out after it was seated....isnt that airscrew being out 2 1/2 turns the reason it was all boggy...way too much air ??

Myself and George Pranis( 30 years of engine building, carb tuning,and track time) will go over the air screw in detail
I did not want to give the exact main jet size that we ended up with, there are many factors and didnt want anyone to make such changes that we had to do without more time spent in carb help.
The main jet went all the way down to 210

Very nice video. I'll have to look around and see who can dyno tune mine.

Edit. Btw I tried to check out your website and it was down (at least on my end)

Edit. Btw I tried to check out your website and it was down (at least on my end)[/QUOTE]

Its not down its being built. But you can watch and enjoy me riding djack's Kennedy build machine

Myself and George Pranis( 30 years of engine building, carb tuning,and track time) will go over the air screw in detail
I did not want to give the exact main jet size that we ended up with, there are many factors and didnt want anyone to make such changes that we had to do without more time spent in carb help.

thats cool, but what was up with that airscrew at 2 and half turns out on the first dyno run an it bogged all to hell , and then the 2nd run it was adjusted at 1 and half turns out and it ran great

210 is waaaaay small 310 sounds better

thats cool, but what was up with that airscrew at 2 and half turns out on the first dyno run an it bogged all to hell , and then the 2nd run it was adjusted at 1 and half turns out and it ran great

can someone shine some light on this for me.....or am i the only one that noticed the airscrew being way off

210 no way, that main would be dangerously small, stock is 200 and you have no filter or box with lid on running fmf pipes ???.. I figured balla woulda known better then that. that set up ported would not need to be jetted I bet any higher then a 300 at most but not less the 260 or your asking for trouble.... what was the pilot at ?

No way I'm believing someone actually rode the bike with the jetting the way it was at first, but it ran good after nice job on the vid.

the pilot suplies fuel thru WOT

wrong....look at the "slowjet" or pilot.
jetting.jpg

Theory of use:Full Carb
When the pistons of the engine move downward, they draw in air. This air is pulled through the throat of the carb and causes a drop in pressure. This drop causes the fuel to be drawn upward through the jet like a straw. When at idle, the main jet is closed by the needle hanging from the slide and supplies no fuel. Instead the drop in pressure causes the fuel to be drawn up through the tiny pilot jet. Since the jet is a set diameter it will only allow a set amount of fuel and thus a set idle. The air screw allows air to be mixed with this fuel and can change the idle speed slightly. The final idle adjustment comes from the butterfly valve (CV) or throttle slide position. Adjusting these devices controls how much air passes and thus the position of the throttle slide and main jet opening (because of the needle position). When the throttle is opened, the slide moves up and the main jet opens allowing more fuel to enter the throat. By the way, the pilot jet always supplies its fuel no matter what the main jet is doing. Some bikes have a secondary jet that supplies fuel in an intermediate range between idle and higher throttle settings.

The float does just that and floats on a bowl of fuel. If too much fuel enters the bowl it starts to push on the float valve that closes off the fuels entrance. When enough fuel is used the float drops enough to allow the valve to open and allow in more fuel.

Status
Not open for further replies.