Cant get rear nuts off to pull axle?!?!?!?!?!?

B

BlastInMich

This sucks, picked up a blaster the other day and bought some new bearings for the rear. Got the online diagram but i can not get the two large nuts off the axle right before the rear sprocket, any help would be appreciated. Reverse or standard thread? Special tool? thanks

should be regular thread. I had to use a big pipe wrench and a hammer to get mine off and I bought the blaster brand new and put an aftermarket axle in it 2 months later.

yea, but one is a locknut. you have to crack the outside one loose first. this is where PB blaster is awesome, breaking loose old fasteners that don't want to let go. i would put a but crescent wrench on the inside one and prevent it from turning, then use another crescent wrench and a 5lb hand sledge to break the outside one loose. let the pb blaster soak in for 5 minutes or so first.

been trying for about 2 hours, i'm ready to cut the nuts and buy new. I'll give it another go tomorrow. Anybody sure on the standard vs. reverse thread. thanks again, jason

i had same problem. They are regular thread. They put thread lock on at the factory just heat it a little with a propane torch and turn at the same time.They come right off.