camaro ideas

blasterrider119

Jan 18, 2009
so im rebuilding my 1992 camaro is a 25th heritage edition rs i know what im doing for the body and paint and rims but it has a numbers matching 305 v8 5.0 liter i wanna keep it numbers matching so i wanted to know what i should do as far as motor work im ordering brakes shock and struts friday and exhaust next pay check in two weeks im going with a full flow master kit i wanna know what i should do im on a budget heres what im modeling the the body off

camaro.jpg

i think you are limited with the 305 it's not a very popular motor, some one was telling me could stroke it or something but i'm not really sure.

you have tons of options for a 305 it all depends on how much you want to spend ans what kinda performance you want out of it building a small block or and performance engine takes a lot of planning and research you just cant buy this cam and that intake and them heads you have to build every thing to work together and please dont just throw some big cam at it and think you got something like most people do cause you wont have sh*t but a car that wont idle and runs like sh*t

i love a good beastly cam idle sound lol. make sure it sounds like that or its useless lol. pretty sick car. is it yours or your dads and your just helping?

your going to be spending a lot of money and you won't have a good streetable motor if you try to get a lot of power out of a 305. if your set on sticking with that motor, i'd just put some long tubes and a full exhaust system on it so it'll at least have a good sound and not worry about making it fast.

your VERY limited as to good power from the 305. you CAN put a small roots style blower on it like a wieland, BUT personnaly it do this...

chevy 350 block, bore over .030?? .060? so its a 355, lt1 rods, with forged flat tops, 535 lift cam, ported and polished vortec heads, with a rpm air gap single plain intake, 700 cmf carb, long tube headers, 3 inch flow master exhaust, run around 10.5:1 compression ratio, that set up should ned you around 400 hp on motor on pump gas, and be very streetable and fast!!

that pretty much the same set up i had in my old cutlass and that car went 13.2 @ 104 with no traction in first

run a th350 trans with a 3000 stall, with stage 2 shift kit, and a/m bands,

keep original motor and trans in the garage so if you want to put it back to stock to sell it you have it, trust me the set up i had was bitchin!!

i love a good beastly cam idle sound lol. make sure it sounds like that or its useless lol. pretty sick car. is it yours or your dads and your just helping?

its mine my dad gave it to me a couple years ago

i am set on keeping it numbers matching some day it will be worth more but i will want it to go fast i have enough money im lookin at some super chargers now like i said its got a full flow master kit and dress up kit on the way but i just wanted to no what i should do to the motor while its out getting painted and, it will be free labor so any ideas no mater how much it would cost in a shop me and my dad are doin it he is a really good mechanic

I agree with 4cfed. Go with the 350 and keep the 305 and the stock tranny so you can keep the numbers matching. 350's are popular, easy to get parts, and the upgrades are almost unlimited. You are way more limited on what you can do with a 305. Got any pics of what the car looks like now?

ya man lets see some pics, btw where you gettin all this cash from to be gettin a car painted and to buy all that?

i got a summer job thats how im paying for it well im paying for everything but the paint ill get pics tomoro its starting to get dark here

My job has been good to me...Just got a raise a couple weeks ago and work is gonna start pickin up in about a week. I'll be going to the auction to buy a truck in about 3 weeks.

i dont agree with changing to the 350 if you want to keep the 305 they make the same parts for a 305 as they do a 350 its pretty much the same engine a small block is a small block ge to summitracing.com and order a catalog lots and lots of parts at about the best prices youll find

Chivy 305's SUCK!, when my Rambler still had a 6cyliner in it I could take them Camaro Z28's! now with the 520HP 370ci V8 (ALL motor!) it flatass gets with the program!!!!
If you're going to upgrade it step up to the plate!!!!

your VERY limited as to good power from the 305. you CAN put a small roots style blower on it like a wieland, BUT personnaly it do this...

chevy 350 block, bore over .030?? .060? so its a 355, lt1 rods, with forged flat tops, 535 lift cam, ported and polished vortec heads, with a rpm air gap single plain intake, 700 cmf carb, long tube headers, 3 inch flow master exhaust, run around 10.5:1 compression ratio, that set up should ned you around 400 hp on motor on pump gas, and be very streetable and fast!!

You make it sounds so easy! haha.

You make it sounds so easy! haha.

the motor i discribed can be built for under 1500 bucks!!

and as far as the 305 being the same as 350.. the 305s make a whoppin 160? hp :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: vortec 4.3 makes more power than the 305s do! considering its a 350 minus two pistons......

that being said, a 3rd gen numbers matching camaro dont mean much.. seeing that made what?? 75675653650746503165097614567936710876029y of them

not like back in the muscle car days when production numbers are half what they were in the 80s-90s

yeah you could machine the block and put adiff crank in, and put 350 pistons and rods in it BUT after spending all that mony to make the same power a 350 does is pointless