burning trans oil

TopTechKid27

Mar 5, 2009
St.Louis MO
im building a engine for a friend of mine. i split the cases cleaned everything put in there new crank, bearings, etc. well i get it all back together, throw it in my bike to test fire it. it starts awesome but was burnin tranny oil, so i took it all back apart and resealed the cases. long story short, 1st time together used yamabond 2 i think, burned oil, 2nd time together used ultra black rtv still burns i think 3rd or maybe 4th time together i changed the clutch side seal, still burned oil. this thing is driving me crazy, ive built like 3 or 4 blaster engines and never had any issues what so ever but this one is gettin to be a real pain in my a$$. ANY ideas or anything that might point me to the reason it wont seal would be awesome.

Just curious how do you know it's burning tranny fluid?
You want to use Yamabond or three bond on cases only.
Never a silicone sealer.

the case halves might not be flush with each other. a machine shop would be able to get the halves flush again. it could be something simple like an un smooth surface where the seal fits in to the case half. mine had a lot of corrosion.

lol ya i know your not suposta use rtv, i used it on mine and it works great figured it was worth a shot. naa the engine blew a piston up and had two small cracks in each side of the case. i had the welding teacher back at my old tech school tig them up. i cleaned up the welds and had a buddy in the machining program at linn lap the cases. so there like a machined fit, thats why im so confused about it. i could tell it was burning oil cuz every time i ran it it was full then id let it cool off and check and it was emty. you could also smell it, i could see it too when i broke it down. the crank case was coated in a greyish oily slime.

i take it that the thing was smoking white out the exhaust?

kind of a dumb question, but is the spacer still there that goes between the crank and the seal on the clutch side?

ya and you could really smell the trans oil, it didnt smell like just 2 stroke oil. ya ive tried flipping it around and theres almost no marks on it either. it fits in the seal nice and tight too. idk what to do now im out of ideas of wat it could be