Budget_Blaster's Budget_Banshee Build

I like those nerfs. I didn't catch if you said that if this was PC or sprayed with auto paint. I know you said your buddys shop did it but didn't know how he did it. Looks really sharp tho!

Its a pearl white base coat with 4 coats of jollipop metallic red powder coat.

Thanks guys i appreciate it only thing i dont care for is the time its taking me now that im layed up with a bad bck and possibly worse.

Finished the rear suspension tonight got a polished dog bone to finish off the bling bling as my little bro calls it.lol

Pics of the rear suspension...

rearsuspension6.jpg

rearsuspension5.jpg

rearsuspension4.jpg

rearsuspension.jpg

The new SS112 wheels and ambush tires will be here tomorrow so i should have it sitting on its own tomorrow evening.After that i gotta fix the hack wiring job and paint the plastics.Gotta hit up harbor freight for a HVLP paint gun.

Then itll be time and warm enough to actually break it in then after that hopefully ill have my pro design head.Those of you with a shee and aftermarket head whats the smallest domes you can run on 93?Ive fully went through the motor and either replaced or refurbished anything i could and im running forged wisecos and all the measurements were within spec so i think itll be ok to up the compression.

As usual im open to suggestions on the build so if anyone sees something i can improve and overlooked let me know.

Or any little tips and tricks specific to the shee are welcomed.

All i got left is wiring and paint work on the plastics,carb syncing and a few odds and ends.The garage is a mess dont mind that.And as you can see im tearing my kdx down for a top end.Ken will be getting the jug soon to work his mojo on.

Just got the new SS112's and ambush tires on whatcha think???I love the way the SS112's look on this shee definately fits the look im going for.

almost2.jpg

almost3.jpg

almost4.jpg

almost5.jpg

almost.jpg

almost6.jpg

Couple more Qs, just read whole thread. You said the cheap Ebay shocks. Those the ones for like $75, and are they the 15" ones? What is your rear shock? Definately need a ride report on the shocks. Did Ken just re-install the sleeves properly or did you have to get new sleeves? You said head was resurfaced, just lapped or actually milled if so how much?

Couple more Qs, just read whole thread. You said the cheap Ebay shocks. Those the ones for like $75, and are they the 15" ones? What is your rear shock? Definately need a ride report on the shocks. Did Ken just re-install the sleeves properly or did you have to get new sleeves? You said head was resurfaced, just lapped or actually milled if so how much?

Well the rear shock if you notice is gone and i put the stocker back on the ebay shock was too soft and bottomed out with my fat ass on it.

The fronts though feel real nice.havent rode yet but the fronts are definately descent for the price i may rockem for a little bit.

The jugs ken reinstalled the sleeves since they were newly replaced prior to me getting it just not done very well.he then honed them out and media blasted and for the head i just lapped it after it checked out on a straight edge.im swapping it to a pro design later this summer.

Probably going to just do the bbk and sendem to ken this winter and let him do what he does.how well do the t5's handle and work with the ported bbk's?

Had my little bros blaster in the garage today to tune the carb and swap reeds anyhoo pushed the shee out into the sun light and had to snap a couple pics of it.

shee4.jpg

shee.jpg

shee3.jpg

shee2.jpg

I cant wait to get this thing up and ready to ride!!!!

SS112's and CST AMBUSH.

Front 21X7X10 REAR 20X10X9

Yea i hadnt seen it out in the actual day light yet but when i rolled it out my little bro was like damn that things shiny and bright!I wish my camera would pick up the flake like in person it looks so much better in person.

Anybody have ride reports on the Artrax tires yet?
Your right carb looks out of level. Need to ditch the boost bottle.

Carbs arent even tightened down theyre just sitting in there.And whats wrong with the boost bottle?If nothing else it looks better than the factory balance tube.Until i find out it actually does harm ill probably rock it bro.I got the chariot performance reed cages that i read so much about on banshee hq i cant wait to try them out.You know much about them?They look solid!

Got some more done and it runs and is ready to be broke in so i started on the body work.

Did a couple small peices since its been a while since i painted.But i think they turned out well considering the last time i painted and for using duplicolor from the parts store.

BTW this is not a spray bomb its primer/base coat/clear coat auto paint.I dont belive in spray painting unless its an engine or a small part.

Started on the stator cover and hood heres the stator cover

paint.jpg

paint4.jpg

paint3.jpg

paint5.jpg

Ill be starting on the plastics like fenders and so on this weekend.Its all ready to run and break in but raining and id prefer not to get this dirty just yet.

What you guys think?

Awesome i ran outta paint well damn gotta get more on friday then should have all the plastics shot and done and assembled on sunday.

After that its a simple pilot jet swap in the carbs and then fine tuning i cant wait to have this finally done and riding it!