Budget_Blaster's Budget_Banshee Build

Yes, you would think the larger banshee motor would beat a ported BBK blaster but i seen the truth many times to me as well as others at the drag strip. Hate to say it but your leaving tons of power on the table by going unported. I dont know about reliability but i chose the 421 cheetah cub combo for the awsome kick in the pants power but i will say a set of stock flotek ported cylinders will run right with me, seen it done.
My 4mill cub is not ported but i chose going unported to keep some bottom end power and still have that awsome top end. 421 cub should put about 80HP on the table and thats more than enough for now, but i might choose to lose that bottom end power and go ported in the future.
There is stroked and ported BBK kits owned by members on here that will kill my 421 in 300 foot drag . Never underestimate a blaster motor.

Well damn....guess ill be getting ahold of ken next winter to port my banshee jugs.

So you think with the current setup ill be disappointed going from my blaster to the banshee?

not sure what a set of cub cylinders cost, but porting is almost always the best bang for the buck on a 2 stroke anything

Well ive made a little progress.

Had some bad news when i went and got an mri on my back seems i not only have herniated discs but ive got a 15x7 cm area in my back they dont know what it is but cancer was their main concern which kinda sucks ass and shocked me im only 30!

Anyhoo heres some progress pics id have a lot more done but ive kinda not been in the mood to do much.Ive gotta order wheels and do the basecoat/clear coat on the plastics yet and finish wiring it up.Decided to go with the SS112 wheels.

Sorry garage is a mess...

toomey3.jpg

toomey2.jpg

toomey1.jpg

Bansheepistons3.jpg

Bansheepistons.jpg

bansheebuild20.jpg

Motor build
bansheebuild.jpg

bansheebuild1.jpg

bansheebuild2.jpg

bansheebuild3.jpg

Wow ! You're making some really good progress and everything looks awesome together. BTW nice foxbody too I:I

bansheebuild16.jpg

bansheebuild17.jpg

bansheebuild18.jpg

bansheebuild21.jpg

bansheebuild22.jpg

As it sits right now.I had to take some time to clean up the garage it was a mess.
bansheebuild23.jpg

Ill have more done soon.Waiting on a bunch of parts again.The ebay shocks are real soft so it should handle descently and if my back dont get better soon ill need a soft ride (god i feel and sound like an old man!) but there it is for now.I plan to after talking to ken the other day get a pro design head with 20-21cc domes to up the c/r's some.What you guys think?

Nice, very nice! Just realized how much simpler the inside of a shee motor is compared to a blasty!

Powder coated right? Did you do it yourself or have someone else do it. Looks real sharp!

Also I see in your sig you have a ebay tach. Is that the digital one? Im wanting to install a analog one on my bike.

Powder coated right? Did you do it yourself or have someone else do it. Looks real sharp!

Also I see in your sig you have a ebay tach. Is that the digital one? Im wanting to install a analog one on my bike.

No i had a buddy at a local shop do it.He deals in large volumes of stuff and going through him kept my cost down on the color.

Yea its an ebay digi its nothing fancy but it works.Ill probably buy one of the fancy ones for the shee but on my blaster it seems to be just fine.