boost bottle: is it good or bad

airwave

Jan 28, 2010
sw florida
what does it do , do i need one , should i take it off. i have 240 kit p.n p. ,34mm carb v force 2 reeds, open lid, do i need this damm thing or not . its always been a pain in my ass before the 240 , when i was running super stock piston. let me know guys

i wouldnt say they do nothing, its not there to boost power, it wont give you anything apart from it will give you a very slight increase in throttle response and if you are backing off into a corner then when you open it up again it gives you a little more grunt when you open the throttle again.,

the basic point is this as far as i know anyway....
when you are slowing down say and you back off ther throttle, the slide is down and you have a great depression in the inlet side of the engine, thids depression cause fuel/air mix to build up as a stored 'charge' in the boost bottle, when you suddenly whack the throttle open again this depression is suddenly lost, as the engine can breathe again with the throttle slide up/open, it is then that the boost bottle helps as instaed of loosing the depression and waiting for the carb to 'catch up' the boost bottle is already holding a charge of air/fuel and its sucked quickly into the motor as soon as the throttle is opened, this increases response and a bit of grunt.
the problem is it all happens so fast you wont notice much, fitting a bosst bottle isnt designed to gain you bhp,
hope this helps.:D

do you think it is a good idea to keep it,and if so can i put it over top of the volacity stack in front of the air box or is that to far away

i dont think its a bad idea to keep it mate, but each to there own. i know how its meant to work and it makes sense in my head personally for all it is, if it helps a little its worth having. every little helps as they say. i think they look cool too.
i would imagine you should have it as close as you can as the further away you are, the less the bottle will fill and longer it will take to deploy the charge inside when you open the throttle.
one thing though, make sure the hose you use is in good condition, no cracks or perishes, make sure everything is sealed up airtight i mean everything. if you dont you will have running issues and eventually you will probably end up melting down as if its leaking air it will be leaning out the mixture, and that is something we could all do without.
cheers bro.

when i fit mine its going on with silicone hose and the fittings siliconed in. there will be just as much chance of a gasket leaking on a reed spacer as one of these leaking air. it comes down to hardware and how its fitted.

the added weight on the rubber will cause air leaks and premature ait boot failure... vforce 3 reeds for great throttle responce are a better option than riskin a intake rip and lean seising your motor

i like your answer and i understand it, i just dont like the place it has to ride in there above the head not enough room even with the tors gone. i think ill try it in front of the air box though i dont think it can hurt even if its not helping that much rite?

there would be more weight on the manifold from when people are running no airbox and pod filters and lots do that. the vitos one isnt directly mounted on the manifold its remotely mounted and uses a hose to connect to the manifold. if its sealed well, and using a good quality hose, i think its a good mod. but dont fit one expecting a power increase, it wont.

Booste bootles have absolutly no benifit to a blaster. I ran one for a while, it did nothing except eventaully cause an air leak. If its already mounted on your blaster and its not leaking you might as well just leave it or your gonna need a new air boot. I never noticed any increase in throttle response and the only dyno ive seen showing an hp improvment was less than 1/4 of an hp added. Wich isnt enough to say it did anything.

basically in my head it makes sense so im PRO boost bottle. the only big negative is an airleak. on trials bikes they use or used to use longer manifolds, ie the distance between the carb and inlet port waas bigger. the reason they did this is because there was more of a charge of fuel and air mix ready in the manifold for when the throttle is opened. this gave them more response and apartantly torque. im guessing a boost bottles principle is based on this, and so is a reed spacer. so yeah its a good thing, fit it right and keep it in good nick, if you cant do one or both of those, dont fit it or go back to stock.

thanks 2strokesmoke.im with ya i am gonna keep it and i am running with a reed spacer too , and when i ran be fore the spacer and the bottle i did notice there was a second of hesitation on responce that disappeared with the spacer and bottle added. thanks bro, oh yea the manifold from vitos with brass hose fitting is the sh*t man,little teflon on the threads , no leaksand the knifed cross hairs or jamm up dude ,sept they dont match up well with vforce threes, i think they are more for a stock manifold.hence the round hole for in take,if you have a high peformance intake go with the two's ,they mate perfectly together,
four square hole's on the cage go rite with the four square holes on the manifold

idk.. im against them.... my 2001 had 0 hesitation ans flawless throttle responce. and i had boyseen reeds, no lid, fmf pipe and my jetting and tuning... youi couldnt ask for ahappyer blaster.. no hesitation anywhere, no dead spot, no flat spot nothing