Blow up carnage and rebuild

Why would you buy a hone? The only way you can do that cheaper than having a professional shop take care of that cylinder is if you buy a piece of sh*t 3 stone hone, if you do that chances are you're going to have a bad time. Do it right and keep us posted on the progress.

Why would you buy a hone? The only way you can do that cheaper than having a professional shop take care of that cylinder is if you buy a piece of sh*t 3 stone hone, if you do that chances are you're going to have a bad time. Do it right and keep us posted on the progress.

yea I read about the honing and I think im not gonna do it my self anymore, don't wanna mess it up, ill have hinshaws honda hone it or something

yea I read about the honing and I think im not gonna do it my self anymore, don't wanna mess it up, ill have hinshaws honda hone it or something

Have you went back and read this thread? You need to formulate a plan and stick to it. Things will be easier for you that way.

That's because every time we recommend something you look for a place to cut a corner and save a few bucks. We're not trying to be dicks but we've been around long enough to know that cutting corners comes back to bite you in the ass. A pro is only going to charge 50-60 bucks to bore and hone a cylinder, they have tools and experience you and I don't that will ensure the job is done right. You also keep saying you are going to keep the Blasty so why not make it powerful? This heat you are so worried about is easy to deal with, let the bike cool down occasionally. I learned this riding 450's, they run hotter than any two stroke I've ever owned.

That's because every time we recommend something you look for a place to cut a corner and save a few bucks. We're not trying to be dicks but we've been around long enough to know that cutting corners comes back to bite you in the ass. A pro is only going to charge 50-60 bucks to bore and hone a cylinder, they have tools and experience you and I don't that will ensure the job is done right. You also keep saying you are going to keep the Blasty so why not make it powerful? This heat you are so worried about is easy to deal with, let the bike cool down occasionally. I learned this riding 450's, they run hotter than any two stroke I've ever owned.

yea well I plan to keep it until I have the extra money for a different quad, probally a few months, im gonna get it honed though forsure and measured by a pro somewere, I need to call around and see were its the cheapest,

yea well I plan to keep it until I have the extra money for a different quad, probally a few months, im gonna get it honed though forsure and measured by a pro somewere, I need to call around and see were its the cheapest,

Even if ur selling, a ported blaster would be worth more... It's more desirable and it's free. Your gonna have the blaster for a bit anyways If someone offered me port work for free it be on its way to there shop right now. What's there to lose?

You complain the blaster isnt fast enough yet you can get port work. Witch WILL help performance for free and you turn it down.

If you jet it correctly heat should cause no problems.

im only worried about it in the sand, a lot of spin without much moving, I wont be taking this quad to the sand again though anyways

Even if ur selling, a ported blaster would be worth more... It's more desirable and it's free. Your gonna have the blaster for a bit anyways If someone offered me port work for free it be on its way to there shop right now. What's there to lose?

You complain the blaster isnt fast enough yet you can get port work. Witch WILL help performance for free and you turn it down.

I sent York a pm accepting the work, im just trying to find a place that hones stuff, so I can hone it before I send it

Also here is some advice to stop some of the spinning. Pull your handlebars back some. This will force you to sit further back on the seat putting your weight closer to the rear tires. Works really well.

ok update finally, its just about done being ported at yorks then its getting hones and the studs pulled so the head can be lapped, it was warped bad by the looks of it, guess thats why it was leaking all over, the bottom end is ready to go thanks to KOR's videos and some poeple i know that helped me with tools and info, what kinds jetting numbers am i gonna be looking at for the stock carb? also how much oil do i need to put into crankcase to start it up? like a teaspoon correct? yea so im just waiting on the topend then just gotta order a piston and ill be riding again hopefully by spring