Blasterdudes blaster build!

Looks good man!!! So you got that sand blaster hooked up? You like it? Look forward to seeing some more...
Thanks! The sandblaster is kickass I should have got one a long time ago.
I actually had a pretty frustrating day with it though, the wimpy compressor at my shop doesn't have the balls to keep up with it, I was able to get a little done with it but it wasn't fun. Also I'm blasting outside at -20.... well you know what happens when rubber gets cold... that was frustrating enough. I worked for and hour freezing my ass off fighting the hoses waiting for the compressor to catch up, then working with the grinder ( with a brush attachment ) to finish the job gave me a major headache..
Ok I'm rambling.. sorry.. just a bad day working with it.

little off topic but i noticed ur flywheel cover was a little shinny how do u get it that way? only ask because mines plastic and seen ones that r chromed out jw

Last edited:
i need to get a sand blaster sometime, it'd make life sooooooooo much easier than stripping all that crap by hand :(

Thanks! The sandblaster is kickass I should have got one a long time ago.
I actually had a pretty frustrating day with it though, the wimpy compressor at my shop doesn't have the balls to keep up with it, I was able to get a little done with it but it wasn't fun. Also I'm blasting outside at -20.... well you know what happens when rubber gets cold... that was frustrating enough. I worked for and hour freezing my ass off fighting the hoses waiting for the compressor to catch up, then working with the grinder ( with a brush attachment ) to finish the job gave me a major headache..
Ok I'm rambling.. sorry.. just a bad day working with it.

Sometimes it's easier to use stripper first and get as much paint off that way as you can and then use the sandblaster to finish the job.
What kind of compressor are you using?

little off topic but i noticed ur flywheel cover was a little shinny how do u get it that way? only ask because mines plastic and seen ones that r chromed out jw
Not sure how to anwser that? lol My flywheel cover is just painted with flat black grill paint.
Nacs makes a all aluminum flywheel cover but thats like $200 bux.

Sometimes it's easier to use stripper first and get as much paint off that way as you can and then use the sandblaster to finish the job.
What kind of compressor are you using?
I'm working with a 2gal 3.3cfm makita compressor, I'm gonna try to bring my own duel 4gal 3.5cfm compressor from home and see how it does.. If that fails I might be able to run a Y line off the both of them at the same time ( just a thought ).
I took your advise and stripped the frame with stripper today.

I'm working with a 2gal 3.3cfm makita compressor, I'm gonna try to bring my own duel 4gal 3.5cfm compressor from home and see how it does.. If that fails I might be able to run a Y line off the both of them at the same time ( just a thought ).
I took your advise and stripped the frame with stripper today.

Damn I can see why you are waiting alot.
To hook them together just run an air hose from the outlet of one compressor to the outlet of the other OR some sort of Y connector could be use like you said i guess.
Running your presure as low as it takes to get the job done takes some of the strain off the compressor too.

I'm working with a 2gal 3.3cfm makita compressor, I'm gonna try to bring my own duel 4gal 3.5cfm compressor from home and see how it does..QUOTE]

hmmm yeah sand blasters use alot of cfm's your going to be doing alot of waiting still even if you hook them both up, but they will get the job done (in time lol)
makes me happy i splurged when i got my compressor i paid $350 for a 60gallon...

keep up the good work

Stem finished... pic does it no justice... its awesome!

HPIM1495.jpg

While I was waiting for the first coat of paint to dry on the frame, I filled my time doing this.

HPIM1496.jpg

Not 305 status but not bad for a 30 min job.

That's a great, even finish on that stem.
I take it you blasted it I:I
Second pic is a lil hard to see.

looking good man. When you getting this thing back together?? lets get a move on bro!!! lol just playin