Blaster wont rev up

r700ssc

Jul 23, 2011
I changed the main jet on my blaster as i thought it was very lean, after changing the jet the bike was very boggy so i have changed back to the original jet, since i have changed it back to the standard jet i cannot get the bike to rev up or run properly without stalling, i have only changed the jet which is now back to the original so nothing has changed yet it will not run.

any help/ suggestions would be great

all i have is the bike ported, it ran fine until i changed the jet, i have a new plug and fresh fuel in the bike, i have checked the reeds and they are all good

Clean your carb, dirt might have gotten in when you got it apart, check your reeds, new plug,fresh gas and clean your air filter, then hit us back with more info on what you find

I have changed the plug, fuel, stripped and cleaned carb, checked reeds and still problems, it doesn't stall now but when riding as soon as I start to go over 3/4 revs it starts to cut back on me so I have to up a gear and keep the throttle no more than 3/4 open or it just misses and bogs down of power, could this be a tors failure? The bike carb is set up correctly and when the bike is idling it will rev like hell but ride it and it's got no go at the top of the rev-range throughout the gears.

Help guys

Sounds like parking brake to me. It will not let you rev up the quad if it is engaged. However the sensor tends to go out and think its on all the time. What year blaster do you have?

park brake wouldnt let him get all the way to 3/4, it should cut it at a lower rpm.
I think your jetting is wrong. what size main jet are you running? did you put back the small brass washer under the main jet??? what was the original and what did you change to?

Thanks so much, it was the small brass washer - I found it on the floor!! Put it back in and it goes brilliant now. I:I

I know this is an old post and don't mean to thread jack but what was mentioned is exactly what my bike does but my washer is under the main jet.