blaster wont idle

gump1114

Jul 6, 2008
War-Town, GA
so i just bought the thing and havent even riden it yet. i knew before i bought it that it wouldnt idle. The bike will start and you can ride it around but you have to play with the throttle to keep it running at idle. It has now been at the local atv shop for about 3 weeks and they cant seem to figure out whats wrong with it.

i'll list the mods as best i know since i didnt do any of them to it...

tors removed
oil injection blocked off
aftermarket silencer
uni-filter
weisco piston
larger from gear

and that's all i know.

any ideas?

well we assume that it is a carb problem. we pulled the carb off my roommates blaster and put it on mine and it idle'd fine. problem was his carb is tuned for his 240cc blaster so it would bog down when you put any sort of load on it.

have you cleaned your carb? you may need to change your main jet

no i have not. i took it into the atv shop to have them figure out the problem, but they dont seem to know what they are doing. they tried to tell me it has an aftermarket carb on it (it doesnt) and they couldnt figure that out. when we showed them another stock carb they just said.. "ohh".

this isnt my first atv, but it is the first that is modded (requires carb adjusting).i dont really know carburators.

i'm just trying to see if i can get suggestions on what else might be the problem.

does your carb have an idle adjustment installed on it? i read somewhere that if you remove the tors you should have to drill and tap an adjustment on to the carb body. i haven't done this myself but i've read it in a few places

does your carb have an idle adjustment installed on it? i read somewhere that if you remove the tors you should have to drill and tap an adjustment on to the carb body. i haven't done this myself but i've read it in a few places

to be honest i'm not sure. like i mentioned i didnt do any of the mods myself. maybe someone can post a picture of the idle screw to show me where it is.

you most likely need a main jet.. or if not that just clean it up really well and play with the adjustments on it to see if you can get something that resembles an idle haha..

you most likely need a main jet.. or if not that just clean it up really well and play with the adjustments on it to see if you can get something that resembles an idle haha..

well i'm going to give the shop a couple more days and if they can't get it figured out i'm bringing it back home to see if i can get it figured out on my own.

well we picked it up from the shop today. the mechanics kept bitching that since the tors was removed they couldnt get it right. he said that it no longer has an idle adjustment because the factory idle screw is in the part of the tors that attaches to the carb which has been removed. they played with the throttle cable to get it to idle. BUT, even after i payed to have the carb rebuilt and tuned the thing runs like sh*t. i guess it is going to fall back on me to figure out how to tune this damned thing... GAH