blaster won't idle :(

Blaster95-97

Oct 16, 2012
once it hit 15 degrees celsius outside (60 ferinheit) it doesn't want to keep running at all. even with the choke engaged. i was just wondering where the idle screw is, and what do i adjust it to? do i start with 1/4 turns or 1/8 turns? I:I

this may be a stupid question, but wht are tors? and i only have one screw in the carb to adjust it. when you sit on the bike. it's on the left side at the far back of the carb. in the middle slot i don't have a screw/needle. and on the right side i don't have one either. :-/

Float level must be correct, carb must be clean and motor air leak free.

Idle adjusting.

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some sort of idle. With TORS big screw under seat on top of unit. No TORS brass screw midway down carb body.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Re adjust idle screw for desired idle .

Have you leak tested the motor?

Is the carb getting a good supply of fuel? Loosen the little screw at the bottom of the float bowl and see if a steady stream of gas flows from the drain tube.

what are tors? and how do leak test my motor and carb? and i don't have the needles so i need to buy them first.

Throttle Over Ride System, horrible brick thing on top of carb, best used as a fishing sinker, get rid of it!

14mqc1y.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
just an update. i haven't had the time to remove the TORS. i've had to much homework after school. and it gets dark in an hour after i get home. so not alot of time to work :'( but hopefullt i do it saturday!!

Check for spark.

Check that the carb is clean and getting ample gas.

Check compression.

Check reeds.

Check for air leaks.

it's because i don't have any spark. :( . can u buy an ignition/whatever coil for the blaster at most regular automotive stores?

No need to get one from Dealer, Ebay or in the for sale section here, if you have a buddy that has a blaster snag his to see if that is really the problem. Get a Clymer Manual for sure!!

it's not my coil. or my connections. i pulled the flywheel cover and my flywheel is completely rusted. so i'm gonna pull it off. clean my magneto and see if it helps.