Blaster Won't Idle

Increda Boy

Apr 10, 2010
When i start my 91 blaster it wont idle, and the only way to keep it running is if i keep pressing the throttle. I bored it like .04 over and put lrd pipes on it. Put some vitos reeds on it as well. Last week my bike was running fine and now it won't idle at ALL! i replaced the fuel and am running 40:1. Put in a new spark and air filter. whats wrong??? air leak, cracked reed? im running a 290 main jet

Yes i have. It idled a week ago perfectly. maybe some clogged jets, but i cleaned out the carb.

Did you do proper break in procedure, heat cycles ect.

Check your compression.

Check for air leaks, do a leak down test.

As to the 40:1, to break in an engine, it's a little skimpy on oil in my book.

A good idea for engines under 400cc is to use 32:1 at all times unless conditions call for something different..

Thanks for the replies. I fixed it by putting in a new spark plug. I guess it got fouled when I tried to start it with the old gas.

sorry to highjack the thread but my blaster wont idle after i remove the tors system... could use some help thanks

sorry to highjack the thread but my blaster wont idle after i remove the tors system... could use some help thanks

search for "tors removal", it matters which years 88-02, or 03+
88-02 just cut everything out and unplug the brain under the hood
03+ you have to splice the 2 wires together, for the carb and throttle switch
search for the "how to's" they explain it with pics

search for "tors removal", it matters which years 88-02, or 03+
88-02 just cut everything out and unplug the brain under the hood
03+ you have to splice the 2 wires together, for the carb and throttle switch
search for the "how to's" they explain it with pics

its a 04 and the tors system is removed already, i put the idle screw on the carb and it wouldnt idle no more

Is it removed properly?

You need to cut the wires going into the bottom of your throttle switch (Brick above the Carb) and splice (join the wires together) on the CDI side.

You also need to cut the wires coming out of your Thumb throttle housing on the handle bars and also splice on the CDI side.

Then unplug the "hand brake switch (rev limiter)" its the one coming out of at your clutch lever side. Just unplug it, dont splice anything there.

blasterIan let me make sure im understanding what your saying because i need to delete my tors basically unplug the tors on the carb then unplug the throttle switch then i need to splice the wires together for both of them where they come out of the cdi box

does anyone have any more info on the green wire mod thas supposed to delete the tors without splicing any wires

blasterIan let me make sure im understanding what your saying because i need to delete my tors basically unplug the tors on the carb then unplug the throttle switch then i need to splice the wires together for both of them where they come out of the cdi box

does anyone have any more info on the green wire mod thas supposed to delete the tors without splicing any wires

Dont join the wires together from the carb to the throttle switch.
You need to splice them separately. eg splice the two wires that come out the carb on the cdi side, and splice the two wires that come out the throttle side on the cdi side.

Then just unplug the wire that comes out the Clutch side. The plug is located under the hood, and its the one that comes out from the top of left side.

Let me know if you still stuck and Ill post pics!

yeah i didnt mean connecting the throttle splice to the carb splice lol

but i looked on mine today basically what you gotta do is when you unplug the connector for the throttle splice those 2wires together that are under the hood that lead toward the cdi then unplug the tors box from the carb then splice those 2wires that run back up the frame to the cdi

im i looking at it right