Blaster will only idle

Powerbandaddict

Sep 16, 2014
Oklahoma
03 blaster will idle good but as soon as you hit the throttle it dies. Stock jets bpr8es plug .010 over bore procircuit silencer stock header pipe stock reeds thanks in advance

First off did this just happen out of no where? Was it running fine then all of a sudden this happened? Have you recently changed anything , adding, taking away, modifying, cutting etc? Does it completely die or stumbles and then comes back? Can you be more specific please. It will "help us"" help you"

I bet a million its the reeds. :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Maniacmotomouth
Tors has not been removed. It was running perfect then it started to sputer a little so I checked the airfilter cleaned it pulled the plug found out it had a bpr9es in it okay so I went and bought a bpr8es and put it in it rode it around planning to plug chop got down the road and it lost power and died

dont use the bpr9es......i know of 2 people on here that tried the p plug with no luck....also the 9 stands for the heat range with is a colder plug...the 8 is hotter....put a ngk b8es,or ngks more expensive plugs that are the same as the b8es..like b8eg!!!!!!ect in it and nothing else...then start from there

B Thread diameter = 14 mm
P Construction = Projected Insulator Type
R Construction = Resistor Type
8 Heat Rating Number = Hot -> Cold
E Thread Reach = 12.7 mm
S Firing End Construction = Standard 2.6 mm diameter center electrode

Last edited:
dont use the bpr9es......i know of 2 people on here that tried the p plug with no luck....also the 9 stands for the heat range with is a colder plug...the 8 is hotter....put a ngk b8es,or ngks more expensive plugs that are the same as the b8es..like b8eg!!!!!!ect in it and nothing else...then start from there

B Thread diameter = 14 mm
P Construction = Projected Insulator Type
R Construction = Resistor Type
8 Heat Rating Number = Hot -> Cold
E Thread Reach = 12.7 mm
S Firing End Construction = Standard 2.6 mm diameter center electrode

I went and bought 3 br8es ngk plugs I'm gonna try and plug chop and see what I've got

try unplugging this wire completely at both ends on lever ,and under front nose...if it is even there:)

parking break.jpg

Alright guys I have found the problem it is a broken reed I pulled the carb off cleaned it then I stuck my finger in the carb boot felt something sticking out sideways pulled the carb boot off and the reed block out boom broken reed turns out they are all in bad shape I should have put new ones in when I rebuilt my motor but it's all okay. Going to try and get a set of Boyesen power reeds tomarrow

Alright guys I have found the problem it is a broken reed I pulled the carb off cleaned it then I stuck my finger in the carb boot felt something sticking out sideways pulled the carb boot off and the reed block out boom broken reed turns out they are all in bad shape I should have put new ones in when I rebuilt my motor but it's all okay. Going to try and get a set of Boyesen power reeds tomarrow
I knew IT!!

Reactions: Powerbandaddict
As a matter of interest and for the data bank, was it difficult to kick start?

Broken reeds usually make for difficult starting.