Blaster stopped running. Please help

Steve4282

Feb 21, 2017
So i just fixed my 2004 blaster. Rebuilt carb, put new side case gasket and oil block off kit and a new exhaust gasket to get rid of all air leaks. Took it for a test ride and stalled going up a hill in first and now it refuses to start. It has 125 psi of compression, fuel is getting to the engine and it has a strong spark. The reeds look fine but im replacing them anyways. Itll run for a few seconds with starting fluid. Im at a loss but my only guess would be tors, or a carb problem. Any help is greatly appreciated

Im at a loss but my only guess would be tors

There's a good place to start.

Did you do a leakdown test before the heat cycles?

Did you do heat cycles?

Have you tested your electrical? Plug wire good? Plug cap good?

There's a few options you have here.

Firstly, toss that can if starting fluid somewhere it is impossible to get at, it is a very big NO, NO to use etherin a 2 stroke,

If you have to use starting fluid the chances that fuel npmay not be getting to the engine, and if it is there will be too much getting there.
Starting fluid , starts an engine with no fuel as well as an enginecwith too much fuel.

A carb overhaul may me needed.

Firstly, toss that can if starting fluid somewhere it is impossible to get at, it is a very big NO, NO to use etherin a 2 stroke,

If you have to use starting fluid the chances that fuel npmay not be getting to the engine, and if it is there will be too much getting there.
Starting fluid , starts an engine with no fuel as well as an enginecwith too much fuel.

A carb overhaul may me needed.
So i cleaned the carb and it runs now. Holds idle and evwrything. Starting it up, the kicker kicks back and there is no power whatsoever but it still goes. It was in an out of power in 6th gear goin down the road.

So i cleaned the carb and it runs now. Holds idle and evwrything. Starting it up, the kicker kicks back and there is no power whatsoever but it still goes. It was in an out of power in 6th gear goin down the road.
sounds like you never warmed it up!!!
its very important explicitly on a 2 stroke to let it sit and idol for 5-10 minutes to let it get to operating temperature
If you start your machine and start ripping on it ( like wide open in 6th gear) it will not have any power! and WILL DAMAGE IT.
Also do what the others said to do. DO A LEAK DOWN TEST check for air leaks

Not let the bike sit at idle for 10 minutes, but occasionally blip the throttle to avoid excessive oil build up in the crankcase.