Blaster STILL smoking after 2nd clutch side Crank Seal

J4M1E333

Oct 11, 2009
North Wales
Hi all, Still having problems with the blaster smoking like a steam train.

Was told the crank seals were replaced by previous owner, and it still smoked so i replaced the clutch side suspecting he didn't do it properly, and it still did it.

followed advice on here and tore into it again to replace the seal again AND seal the collar the way its shown on here and its still smoking :( and completely bogging when it comes to go into the power band.

Any ideas? waiting to get a leakdown off slickerthanyou, so will do that as soon as it comes, just wondering if anyone has any other ideas?

Im suspecting a bad air leak aswell, as the air screw is all the way in and it still runs fine, if i wind it any futher out than 1/2 then it hangs and revs on it own,

would a serious air leak cause it to smoke so bad? Thanks for your help guys, really hope someone can come up with a solution, just wanna get out on the thing now I:I

how long would this stay in there? i ran it for a good 10 minutes today hoping it would clear and it didnt, and would that still cause the bogging?

I would not ride it till a leak down test was done. The PO may of broke a piston skirt and put a hole in the case that was not known about.

Blasterdeamons right to, don't ride it untill it's leak tested, once that's done if it isn't leaking, then you have your problem. Just ride it around a bit and it will eventually clear up, that's what mine did.

ok thanks for the help guys :) just need to get a leak tester now, if its popped a hole in the crankcase where would the hole be?

so if i whip the clutch cover off it should be visible? would explain why its still smoking :( so new case will be required then if thats whats happened? appreicate the help :)

only way to really be sure of where it is leaking is to do a leakdown. if you are dropping pressure and cant find the leak anywhere including the crank seals or anywhere else on the exterior of the motor the leak is between the cases. the only way to inspect the cases is to split them unfortunately. it could possibly just be a leak between the cases but that is doubful, unless someone has rebuilt the bottom end and didnt' know what they were doing

yeah thanks for the help, just really unsure of why its still smoking really bad. but will definately do a leakdown test when i can get a kit together or get one from slick :)