Blaster Problem

no i cant find one right know but if slide is aligned properly and you screwed the top on all the way it should almost be closed all the way.If you take carb off you should be ble to full throttle it and carb should slide up all the way and be non visible besides the needle.
Oh okay thanks! You think that could be my problem. ? It starts only when I put gas in the motor head. It will rev super then die( probably because it's burning all the gas) think oil or gease can do the trick?

no i cant find one right know but if slide is aligned properly and you screwed the top on all the way it should almost be closed all the way.If you take carb off you should be ble to full throttle it and carb should slide up all the way and be non visible besides the needle.
Oh okay thanks! You think that could be my problem. ? It starts only when I put gas in the motor head. It will rev super then die( probably because it's burning all the gas) think oil or

Oh okay thanks! You think that could be my problem. ? It starts only when I put gas in the motor head. It will rev super then die( probably because it's burning all the gas) think oil or

grease? no look in the carburater section for info :)

http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/how-to-clean-your-carbureutor.254/

air screw set at 1.5 turns out, and the idle is on top of carb under the seat. move the rubber flap out of the way and you'll see it :)
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh okay thanks! You think that could be my problem. ? It starts only when I put gas in the motor head. It will rev super then die( probably because it's burning all the gas) think oil or gease can do the trick?
No, no, no ,never put fuel in the spark plug hole, not even with oil mixed in it!

The fuel washes away all the lubrication from the rings and bore.

Fuel and oil as a pre mix does not lubricate at all, lubrication is provided by oil coming out of suspension and pooling in the bottom of the crankcase, to be thrown around by the crankshaft.

Never pour fuel, pre mixed or not into the plug hole.

Turn on the petcock, crack the float bowl drain open, if you do not get a constant flow of fuel from the drain tube you have a fuel blockage at or above the needle and seat.

When trying to start from cold, pull out the fuel enrichment and keep your thumb off the throttle.

The pilot jet could be blocked.

Last edited:
Linc to download manual: http://www.blasterforum.com/threads/downloadable-yamaha-blaster-manual.17325/
Look through carb section so you know the terminoligy of the parts so we can all comunicate.
Either engine or carb section has info a vidieo on carb cleaning. Also a DIY on cleaning float needle valve seat, works great.
You should start with a good carb clean, and set float. Wouldn't hurt to clean fuel petcock and screen inside tank, maybe even inside of tank.

When putting slide in carb the groove aligns with the pin, and you have to make sure the needle goes into the emusion/main jet holder tube (little hole in center on bottom)

I use Berrymans carb dip to soak carbs, but a spray can of carb cleaner will do. I like to blow air both ways through any passage in carb. If you don't have compressor a can of computer duster will work.

Do not use grease on slide. There should be enough residual oil in carb for that. Maybe a very lightweight oil. I have used a dry lube/graphite on really nasty slides, such as a gun lube.

Thanks everyone , did a good carb clean which did the job. I got a new problem . Check my new thread please