Blaster Problem

Josh Muna

Jun 19, 2014
Hello, I am new to this forum and I was wondering if anyone is interested in helping me make my 2001 yamaha blaster back and running. Via email or forum. Really wanting to get it running. Please and thank you!

Thanks guys! Well the bike has been sitting for awhile. I just got it back from a uncle who was supposedly going to fix it but it ended up being messed up. Anyways...

My friend and I changed out the ignition coil, air filter, chain,rebuild the carburetor, and we were suppose to change the ignition but we ordered the wrong one. The motor is still free and there is still compression. But there is no spark. I'm planning on removing the TORS and trying that out. Also how do you by pass the kill switch(might be bad) and ignition. Thanks guys. Sorry so long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blaaster you didn't tell him to leak test!!! Its very important to do! I believe you can bypass the ignition and kill switch by just disconnecting them

Blaaster you didn't tell him to leak test!!! Its very important to do! I believe you can bypass the ignition and kill switch by just disconnecting them
Thanks. How do you disconnect the kill switch. Leak test?

At least disconnect the TORS brain box. Left side under hood, 3 wire connector. Might as well check that all connections are clean and tight. ADD a bit of di-electric grease to them. Check that the coil mount is clean bare metal.

You would have to double check the wireing diagram, but IIRC, unplug kill switch, but have to jump two wires to'from key switch.

Should be wire diagrm on the site somewhere, or in the download manual, or Clymers Repair manual.
I'm not too sure what wire is what right now because the messed up the whole front. I understand the brain

Does anyone want to give me their email so I can send pictures might be more helpful

Just got spark from removing the tors

There is two wiring harness which i don't know where it goes

At least disconnect the TORS brain box. Left side under hood, 3 wire connector. Might as well check that all connections are clean and tight. ADD a bit of di-electric grease to them. Check that the coil mount is clean bare metal.

You would have to double check the wireing diagram, but IIRC, unplug kill switch, but have to jump two wires to'from key switch.

Should be wire diagrm on the site somewhere, or in the download manual, or Clymers Repair manual.

@Josh Muna Hey Josh, you can easily attach pictures to any of your posts by clicking the "Upload a File" button and selecting your pictures:
upload_2014-6-19_21-2-24.png

@Josh Muna Hey Josh, you can easily attach pictures to any of your posts by clicking the "Upload a File" button and selecting your pictures:
View attachment 10519
Tried that says files too big

Engine turns on only when I put gas in the motor head. Runs for a few seconds. Then when I attach the gas tank it won't turn on. Help lol

Is there fuel in the carb?
Open drain screw, does gas come out?
Check the float level
Check the fuel shutoff

Engine turns on only when I put gas in the motor head. Runs for a few seconds. Then when I attach the gas tank it won't turn on. Help lol
Do not pour straight gas into the cylinder. Mixed will be ok in SMALL quantities. You've probably got a problem with your gas delivery. Make sure the petcock flows good (fuel flows smoothly through the gas line) and work your way down, search up on here how to adjust your float,

what are you using to post phone?
did you do a compression test? If so what is it?
is your blaster all stock or is there mods done to it ?

Is there fuel in the carb?
Open drain screw, does gas come out?
Check the float level
Check the fuel shutoff
The fuel line going to the carb is ok, but when i took out the carb and blew into where the fuel line goes then gas starts to come up. also when you look in the carb (straight through) is the throttle spring(not too sure what its called) suppose to be down or up. Not much throttle to play with

the carb slide should almost be closed,with thumb off throttle .Did you put the slide in correct? there is a pin inside the carb that aligns up with slide

Anybody know or have picture of how the inside of the carb is suppose to look? I think my throttle pin or cylinder is too high. It's not even I'm the main circle in the carb it's above. And there's not much room to play with

the carb slide should almost be closed,with thumb off throttle .Did you put the slide in correct? there is a pin inside the carb that aligns up with slide
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Yeah everything is lined up. Maybe it just need some grease or oil?
Thanks

no i cant find one right know but if slide is aligned properly and you screwed the top on all the way it should almost be closed all the way.If you take carb off you should be ble to full throttle it and carb should slide up all the way and be non visible besides the needle.