Blaster not smoking

blasterman17

Jul 27, 2010
Chickamauga Ga
Today my blaster quit smoking like out of the exhaust and someone on here told me that they are supposed to smoke to show that your engine is getting oil. Well mine used to smoke quit a bit but today it just quit. Oil injection failure?? Or is this normal sometimes? I still have all my power and I did not loose any compression? A/F screw? HELP!!!

unhook the oil injection, drain the oil tank, plug the oil injection port on the carb, and then mix a tank of gas at 32:1, and see if the smoke comes back

I would suggest checking your injection system, or just blocking it off would be your best bet. I personally had it fail on me and messed up my topend before. It should be smoking some, I know when i run mine really hard for a while the smoke is less noticable than usual.

I would suggest checking your injection system, or just blocking it off would be your best bet. I personally had it fail on me and messed up my topend before. It should be smoking some, I know when i run mine really hard for a while the smoke is less noticable than usual.

Yeah im just gonna unhook it anyway even if it did not fail.

what type of oil are u using? did u change your mixing oil and this started happening? i know some of these oil are a smokeless oil and hardly smoke at all. mine will only smoke for a lil bit till it warms then no smoke at all

what type of oil are u using? did u change your mixing oil and this started happening? i know some of these oil are a smokeless oil and hardly smoke at all. mine will only smoke for a lil bit till it warms then no smoke at all

Its oil injected and I believe it failed.. But im not taking the chance I dont have the money to fix it if it breaks im only 13.

so take the gear outa that oil pump plug the line with a screw or bolt and mix it 32:1

You will need to drain the oil and then remove the right side cover. Try not to destroy the gasket. You will need to remove the right footpeg first. It is a white plastic gear on the inside of the cover. Just removing the gear will work, but getting the kit ^^^ is nicer.

You will need to drain the oil and then remove the right side cover. Try not to destroy the gasket. You will need to remove the right footpeg first. It is a white plastic gear on the inside of the cover. Just removing the gear will work, but getting the kit ^^^ is nicer.

What do you mean by nicer? If i can avoid buying the kit then I am.

you dont have to buy the kit. i never bought it. but you will need to drain the tank (like stated previously) the tank is at the back of the quad, take off the clutch cover, remove the plastic gear and the oil lines to the pump, and plug or remove the line going to the carb. but if you remove the line for the carb, then plug the hole on the carb, or you will have a vacuum leak. but either be careful with the gasket or buy new ones. they are like 14 bucks on ebay. and make sure you remove the foot peg and 32:1 mix is the best. good luck and let us know how it turns out

What do you mean by nicer? If i can avoid buying the kit then I am.

The kit is nice because it comes with a handy blockoff plate to allow full removal of the pump, a vacuum plug for the carb, and a new gasket for the side cover. Sure it's a little more expensive, but it's complete, and some people are more comfortable knowing they are getting everything they need.

The kit is nice because it comes with a handy blockoff plate to allow full removal of the pump, a vacuum plug for the carb, and a new gasket for the side cover. Sure it's a little more expensive, but it's complete, and some people are more comfortable knowing they are getting everything they need.

Yeah your right I probably will get the kit.

they kit probably comes with instrucitons too which would be nice seeing as how you have never been into the motor before.