blaster not getting enough power

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
My blaster has a full pro circuit with a 300 main in it...I feel like it lost power Shud I go up jetting? I have a 270-300 jets and I plug chopped to confirm the jetting

did u leak test? 300 seems big for stock but id rather run rich and lose a bit of power then run lean and pay for a rebuild.

Where has it lost power 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 or WOT?

Some pipes call for a needle adjustment.

Have you plug chopped?

on all 1/4 1/2 3/4 and wot it loses power... i plug chopped it read that i was too rich. but when i plug chopped at 270 it read i was to rich too... so im confused

going to explain my whole setup 2002 yamaha blaster stock air filter with lid on, full pro circuit exhaust, stock motor, carb is with a 300 main jet i believe its on the 3rd clip.

if it over revved when you were just messin with the idle maybe you forgot to turn the fuel on and it did the lean rev....

If the plug chop showed you were runnin rich with the 270 then why would you put the 300 in ? I know for a full FMF set up they call for a 260 main for a bone stock blaster with only the air box snorkel removed ... Again I know that is just a suggestion but I strongly believe that's where your main should be also for adequate power and lubrication. Do you premix or is the oil injection system still hooked up ? Remember that wilk also make a difference by 1 size.

If the plug chop showed you were runnin rich with the 270 then why would you put the 300 in ? I know for a full FMF set up they call for a 260 main for a bone stock blaster with only the air box snorkel removed ... Again I know that is just a suggestion but I strongly believe that's where your main should be also for adequate power and lubrication. Do you premix or is the oil injection system still hooked up ? Remember that wilk also make a difference by 1 size.

i mix 32:1 i didnt at first test the 270... i tested the 300 then the 290 then the 280 and then i tested the 270 and they were all saying too rich so i kept going down sizes. i now know that i cant do a 270-300 jet because it is too rich so i am now buying a 260 250 and 240 and seeing which one is going to be the right one.

So do you still have problems?

Why are you going to try smaller jets?

because it made my loss of power better but not completely back to normal. it got better when i went down in jetting... so im thinking to go down more on jetting to get my power back.

Start with the idle mix screw 1 1/2 turns out. It should be pretty close there, and get ur idle set to idle at that setting. Then u can adjust the mix screw until u have a clean throttle response without the idle hanging high for a sec then dropping when u release the throttle. Also make sure ur airfilter is clean too as u mentioned that power seemed to drop. Do u have fresh fuel? That. Is a must for any fuel issues.