blaster jetting with fmf full pipe and reeds

Feb 6, 2011
hey guys i have a 1997 blaster bored 20 over fmf gold series head pipe and a powercore II silencer boyseen reeds and a stock aftermarket air filter. what jetting should i use right now its the stock jetting 230 main, 32.5 pilot, and 1.5 turns out on the air screw i checked the plug and it black any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

hey guys i have a 1997 blaster bored 20 over fmf gold series head pipe and a powercore II silencer boyseen reeds and a stock aftermarket air filter. what jetting should i use right now its the stock jetting 230 main, 32.5 pilot, and 1.5 turns out on the air screw i checked the plug and it black any help will be greatly appreciated thanks

turn the mixture screw in a quart ov a turn ,running a little rich is fine for the bike ,the bike should be running lean if you got a standard main jet in there ,i have a toomey and reeds,filter and im running a 330 main and the mixture screw is only 3/4 ov a turn out

ya that plug chop means your runnin lean im thnkin you need to order a few jets 270-290 and do some plug chops start high and go low

As everyone said, probably 270-300. Just be cautious and keep plug chopping until you get it about perfect. Don't want any engine damage.

Help with jetting

Hey guys, i recently purchased a dmc alien pipe for my blaster, im riding at approx 5500feet\1800m what main jet should i use? Dmc recommends a 260 at sea level, i was thinking around a 250?

Re: Help with jetting

Hey guys, i recently purchased a dmc alien pipe for my blaster, im riding at approx 5500feet\1800m what main jet should i use? Dmc recommends a 260 at sea level, i was thinking around a 250?

I would accuse you of grave digging but this thread is only a year old, that makes it like a grave drive by! Lol

I would look up at Blaner post about elevation and read that first. I'd at least Start with a 260, do a plug chop and see where that puts you. Then adjust from there. Get like 3-4 jet sizes, maybe 240 thru 280 this way youre ready if that 260 says lean or rich. Also, if youre unsure of how to do a proper plug chop, use the search tab at the top right on the page and type 'plug chop' lots of good info and even some vids. Good luck man!

Look up elevation jetting.

DMC also says to use the stock needle on the richest setting.

I have found that the Alien does tend to drink a little.

My bike at sea level with foam filter directly on the carb mouth, runs slightly rich on a #320 main.

I did however lower the needle one clip.

I woul be starting at #290 and plug chopping to perfection.

Look up elevation jetting.

DMC also says to use the stock needle on the richest setting.

I have found that the Alien does tend to drink a little.

My bike at sea level with foam filter directly on the carb mouth, runs slightly rich on a #320 main.

I did however lower the needle one clip.

I woul be starting at #290 and plug chopping to perfection.

Thanks. Out of curiosity, what is the difference between the stock needle and the one that comes in the dyno jet kit I bought?

Re: blaster jetting

Okay so i got my dyno jet kit today and it includes the following jets: 200,210,220,340,350,360. I have no idea why the values jump so much isnt a 340 jet gonna be way to rich for me? And a 220 will be hecticly lean, because the blaster uses a 230 stock

It is always a bad move to buy a jet kit, they only put in there the ones they cant sell.

Unfortunatly there is no jet in that kit that you may be able to use.

Usually the needles are useless as well.

It is always a bad move to buy a jet kit, they only put in there the ones they cant sell.

Unfortunatly there is no jet in that kit that you may be able to use.

Usually the needles are useless as well.

Cool, not to question your knowledge, but why would dmc recommend a 260 main jet for the pipe if it needs more?

Cool, not to question your knowledge, but why would dmc recommend a 260 main jet for the pipe if it needs more?

I would say, because they assume everything else to be stock on the quad. Air box stock no holes or lid removed, stock carb, reeds, no air leaks! I agree with blaaster 290-320 !

I would say, because they assume everything else to be stock on the quad. Air box stock no holes or lid removed, stock carb, reeds, no air leaks! I agree with blaaster 290-320 !
To be fair the rest is stock I just have the airbox snorkel removed. P.s I am riding around 5000 feet altitude