Blaster idles fine and revs fine but when riding

I should have been cleare. Measure the inside diameter of the carb where it goes into the manifold/boot. That and a pic will help identify it whether stock or other.

I should have been cleare. Measure the inside diameter of the carb where it goes into the manifold/boot. That and a pic will help identify it whether stock or other.

well it didn't blow up..
Maybe not ,but just how much more damage could you have done to the piston and rings.

The advice given on BF is for your benefit, leak test before you destroy the engine.

Fit a filter, check the float level, set the idle as per specs.

Post up your mods and jetting.

Advice is available on jetting ballpark.

Plug chop to confirm.

The engine will now perform well, providing you have still got good compression from a partially cooked piston.

yea i won't ride anymore till i can but i don't have extra cash to buy a tester right now i got laid off a few weeks ago and luckily had some money stashed to pay for the rebuild

here's the carb pictures
DSC02421_zps59d78362.jpg

DSC02422_zps954a6560.jpg

it is stock yes, also missing overflow tube and the locking tab that helps hold the top screw cap on. I would get that cuz even with it they have been know to come loose.Have you checked it to see if it is loose? :) THE cylinder is a different color? Is it painted
big dawg 1.jpg

Last edited:
weird i wonder why that other boot was too small then and just realized both pics are from the same side lol though i got 1 from both sides

oil injection nipple is on other side.Its deleted right? i dont see the oil line,is there a nipple covering the hole if not do it:) you can get them at auto parts store,called vacum plugs $2 bucks.The wires coming out of stator look strange,not stock?

it is stock yes, also missing overflow tube and the locking tab that helps hold the top screw cap on. I would get that cuz even with it they have been know to come loose.Have you checked it to see if it is loose? :) THE cylinder is a different color? Is it painted
View attachment 11077
and without that locking tab speedy mentioned the carb cap might come loose and cause a air leak that cannot be found with a leak test

again cylinder looks aftermarket yet the head does not lol :)
Green reed gasket is not stock either,I hope your base gasket is not green/blue?
Oem/or cometic base gaskets are recommended only :)

yea there's a plug on the oil inject, i ordered the Athena P400485850205 Complete Engine Gasket Kit. I keep forgetting to unplug all the tors i want to just clean up the harness as i have no headlight or taillight.

any idea where i can get the locking tab?

i think it's a high output stator they had a 60w or so fog light on the front but the bulb was burnt out

Did you get crank main seals with the gasket set? Those are important Take the Athena base gasket an throw it away cause its likely a blue or green paper gasket, go buy a OEM one

I understand not having the extra money for this stuff, but not having the money to buy a leak tester or a good gasket set is a lot more desirable than not having the money to do a rebuild because you didn't take heed with this stuff.

I've been in a financial nightmare for the past several weeks. It started the day after I bought a set of shocks from a guy on here. After some very hard riding, I noticed that I'd broken my lower spring on the triples. I didn't notice it while riding because of the nature of the break, which meant that I could have continued to ride, but I chose not to so that I could avoid further damage. I'd rather stay off of it until I have the $450 to have the shocks redone than I had ride it once more and risk having to spend $900 on a set of new shocks.

You're in a similar situation, and I know first-hand that it sucks.